• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wondered how long it would take before this happened..............

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_on_fe_st/odd_gas_protest_fires

Woman accused of setting gas price protest fires Thu Jun 5, 7:33 PM ET

A Danville woman faces arson charges after she allegedly set fires at two gas stations and a coffee house, saying she was protesting high gas prices.

The woman, 64, remained Thursday in a Contra Costa jail on $810,000 bail on suspicion of premeditated arson and burglary.

Police say the woman used a fireplace log and a lighter to set fires in the restrooms of an Arco station, a Chevron station and a Starbucks on Wednesday. No structural damage was reported at the locations.

Police later found the woman at a nearby fast food restaurant with eight fireplace logs with her. She told officers that she was behind the fires and said she woke up that morning wanting to do something about high gas prices.

Police say they don't know why she targeted the Starbucks.

Charges have not yet been filed, and it's not clear if the woman has a lawyer in the case.

___

Information from: Contra Costa Times

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo All rights reserved.Copyright/IP Policy |Terms of Service |Help |Feedback
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our» Privacy Policy

I cant blame her for her frustration. How the F%^&k is somebody whos making minimum wage supposed to survive. Almost all of their paycheck goes i nthe gas tank. :soapbox:

jk333 said:
I cant blame her for her frustration. How the F%^&k is somebody whos making minimum wage supposed to survive. Almost all of their paycheck goes i nthe gas tank. :soapbox:

I am on unemplyoment, but my wife works full time ( at the moment, until her boss gets back from vacation, than back to 30 hours/week), so I can tell you where my $200.00 Unemployment checks go.....

poorboy_616 said:
I am on unemplyoment, but my wife works full time ( at the moment, until her boss gets back from vacation, than back to 30 hours/week), so I can tell you where my $200.00 Unemployment checks go.....
i hear you man, every time i put gas in my Jeep, it pisses me off to think that i can reember when it was still $1.20 something a gallon. Im lucky if $20 will last me a day, maybe a day and a half.

I put ATLEAST 60 bucks a week into the thing.....

She also puta ATLEAST 60 bucks week into her van, the killer is, she gets 26MPG with the 3.8L in her Town & Country, and I get ~15-21MPG in the jeep.....(Both vehicles are 4000lb boxes on wheels!!!)

Damn, I probably should change that CTS (I have already clean the Idle air contorl and checked for vacuum leaks), considering my idle is a steady 1200-1500 when warm.....

im gonna try and beat the prices somewhat this summer. ive got an 81 Honda 750 Four bike that gets about 40-50MPG. so thats my plan ride the shit out of that.

Hypnotik Robot said:
starbukks blows

I ve never paid so much for something that tastes like nutty turd with cream on top

I saw a tanker truck delivering to a gas station early this morning. Wonder how much longer until those start getting targeted...

Not that I would ever want to steal that much gas... :shhh:

Won't be long.

Ag operations with bulk tanks for running diesel irrigation pumps and the like have been getting hit hard with theft.

i wish i could make my Jeep run on death row inmate blood. Two birds one stone. I would fuel my Jeep and help ease the over crowding of prisons. Once people learned that if they do bad things they will end up in my fuel tank they might think twice. Once we run out of prisoners i will switch to damn dirty hippy blood (a third bird with the same stone!). Since going "green" is the cool thing now-a-days i dont think i will encounter a shortage of hippy blood anytime soon. Yes I am running for president feel free to vote for me.

Couple Stockpiling Gas Blamed for Apartment Blaze

Friday, June 06, 2008
download

DARTMOUTH, Mass — Authorities say a couple trying to beat the high cost of gasoline accidentally caused a fire that burned their apartment complex.
Fire Chief Richard Arruda says the couple had about 45 gallons of gasoline in nine plastic jugs stacked in a closet that also housed an air conditioning unit.
The gasoline fumes apparently set off Thursday's fire, which was quickly put out by a sprinkler system.
No one was seriously hurt, but residents of eight units of the complex were displaced.
Investigators believe the couple was storing the gas because of rising prices. Officials say they might face civil penalties for violating the fire code.

I think we'll start seeing more of these stories.....

Every trip I make to NJ I take empty gas cans and fill them up there, it's about .25 cents cheaper than PA per gallon. It worked out better when I was working in NYC and commuting to NJ Sunday nite and coming home on Friday, I'd fill them up at the cheap station and drive home, refill the other two jeeps and repeat the next week. Now I wait till I have to go down there for family or network supplies from a warehouse.

Oh, if you do steal a tanker truck make sure to buy an appropriate amount of Sta-bil gas stablizer, they don't put that stuff in gas anymore like they used to, which is why it goes bad in 5-6 months now. I thnk the ratio is 2oz per 5 gallons.

jk333 said:

If the cost of getting to work exceeds the return from being at work, it doesn't take a doctorate degree in economics to figure out that staying home is the smarter choice.

We laid off a guy that works with me, and lives the same distance away. Working, he was bringing home ~$400 a week. On unemployment he was bringing home ~$300 a week. Figure in $60-$80 for gas, he was almost breaking even staying home not working. If he was on unemployment and sold his car, he would come out ahead...

Good.

I'm all for the masses starting to riot over this. Saves me the effort.

portesting gas prices and lighting a Starbucks on fire doesn't match up. I think the bitch just went crazy

Wow, I know exactly where that is, only 10 min from my house. The gas in a lot of the Danville stations is way to expensive compared to neighboring city's. The highest I've seen gas sold there was 4.75 a gal. for regular.

horray for these people. i know i would never think of arson but someone is and they are doing something about it. Its not gonna change the prices at all but makes me happy.

Back