• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WITHOUT nuking the question..

IronSmiles said:
Theoritically.. (without going crazy into detail) with a 6.5 inch lift, a good set of 33"s, ARB locked front and rear, and a snorkel.. I should be able to do a good amount of exploring and have fun just about anywhere.. right? :thumbup: (n)

Theoretically.. (without going crazy into detail), yes.

IronSmiles said:
I honestly cant do any of the work myself (lack of experiance/knowledge) so labor is half my cost. =(

Experience and knowledge come from doing it. Ask your friends for advise and help and get your hands dirty. Of course it helps if you aren't working on a daily driver so you can afford some down time to learn and redo. :roll:

Metal Thrasher said:
Experience and knowledge come from doing it. Ask your friends for advise and help and get your hands dirty. Of course it helps if you aren't working on a daily driver so you can afford some down time to learn and redo. :roll:
x2 Get with your chapter and have a lift party. Have the wifey or who ever cook and you provide beverages. Plus you get to know your fellow XJers better!

Definetly going to want a winch. Especially if your going out by yourself. Which it sounds like you are. Because lockers and 33's mean you can really get stuck.

IronSmiles said:
Theoritically.. (without going crazy into detail) with a 6.5 inch lift, a good set of 33"s, ARB locked front and rear, and a snorkel.. I should be able to do a good amount of exploring and have fun just about anywhere.. right? :thumbup: (n)

I think you could go most anywhere you wanted to with that setup. Ditch the snorkel and buy some gearing or skids, though.

tatjunkie said:
if you're gonna drive it on the street, i'd only lock up the rear though. to me, the traction gained doesn't justify the loss in driveability (from what i've read anyway, i've never driven on a locked front).

:roflmao:

It sounds like you want some good capability. In the interest of reliability, especially because it sounds like you won't be doing much group 4 wheeling, if you have a D35, swap it out for a Chrysler 8.25 or a D44. The last thing you need in the boonies is a broke axle on your rig. To achieve 6.5" of lift and run 33's you're looking at doing alot of modification if you want it to be reliable. If you want to learn how to do some of the mods yourself, there's always someone here in socal willing to help. Just ask.

Back