• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wishbone???

Wishbone Or Stay the same?

• Wishbone Setup

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Short Arm

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How bad would the bumpsteer be? Anyworse than factory leaf spring equiped rigs like CJs and fullsize older trucks etc? Over long travel I could see the problem but for the street?

Just curios...i wouldn't want that on my rig :D

swbooking said:
From me... Thats where. :D

and all you guys that are talking about, "go by a civic to get wishbones" etc... Dont talk about something that you know nothing about. You just sound stupid.

If you know about wishbones, you can see that they have a good off-road benifit, they're just not the best on-road. Which is why those who know are telling Anthony not to use it for DD purposes.

When I suggested the civic I was just being a smart-ass, I guess that didn't convey :D. I went wheeling today with a guy who has wishbones front and rear on his yj. Looks like it flexes good, and bump steer isn't an issue because it has full hydraulic steering.

Here a few pics before I sold the WB to Allen, This set up was run for two years on the road (not by me) & was changed cause I built a 3 link long arm set up. The WB was a little weird on pavement but flexed pretty good. I didn't build it & have no specs on it other that the upper link is solid bar!
Frontshot.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

haha Thanks Billy.

Yeah like Billy said, that upper bone is SOLID and its BEEFY.

Thats got to be one of the silliest things Ive ever seen done to a Jeep.
LOVE that offset axle bracket! WOO HOO! And this setup is flex-beneficial.... HOW, again???:attom:

Thumpersdriver said:
Thats got to be one of the silliest things Ive ever seen done to a Jeep.
LOVE that offset axle bracket! WOO HOO! And this setup is flex-beneficial.... HOW, again???:attom:
The bracket is offset because the wishbone needs to be mounted in the dead center of the axle. Apperently it was built like that cause the mount was right over the cast housing and they didnt want to weld to that.

Before you talk out of your ass again, maybe you should use the search function and look up wishbone suspensions on here, Pirate, and/or google and see there benifits/costs.

Hahahahaha! Before you go gettin all angst, know who youre angsting at. I stand by what I typed. Silly as hell, and not worth the "Benefit" IMHO. Thank you, drive through.

lol, i dont really care who you are to tell you the truth...
This thread is pretty much dead anyways. Anthony only posted it to see if people thought he should buy it for his DD rig. The answer is no, and thats fine with me. Its going to get used eventually wether i sell it or not.

Can the flex be that much better than a short arm? It looks like the lower links are connected at the factory bracket, so won't the lower links max out similar to a short arm? long arm all the way :D

Back