• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch bumpers

rooneypower said:
if you count a tree as a person than ya... It cost $9 and 2 hours of my time. I don't really care about it, could have been worse though.

Keil

Huh, this man named Dale told me yesterday that it went down a little differently then that haha.:lecture:

-Alex

I have read some about bumpers and air flow. I really like the look of the TnT rock runner front bumper however, I am curious does it really matter on air flow or is that something that I need to really pay attention to? I will being getting a winch too, so that is something else to factor in my questions.

Thanks,
Silent

My experiance has been that you 'may' pick up 5 degee's, but thats it and will depend on the condition of your cooling system and which cooling system or year your XJ is. About the only time air flow has an effect is at highway speeds.

I like Protofab's front winch bumper, and also ORfab's is the new one that i have(i dont like it only because i work for them...) I still like plated bumper more than tube.

Frontbumper2-1.jpg

You dig this thing up, i need to know what bumper he went with... I got to KNOW!!!! I went with this one

Well I haven't gone with one yet. I ended up spending some of the money I had for it on gears and lockers after the Iowa floods shut down AJ. Does anyone know if he's back underway yet?

Those M40 bumpers are awesome... too bad they want the best part of a grand for the damn things.
830$ for the rear - no tire carrier.
Real nice guys at the shop and all but damn...

Back