• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wildernest Camper Shell For Sale

cheapcherokee93

<----boat-manche
it pains me to do this (some of you know the trouble i went through to get this thing) but due to a new job i no longer have time to use or fix this up.

What i have here is a rare Wildernest Camper shell for a compact shortbed (6' bed) pickup. it is currently on my MJ and it will need some work to become fully funcional.

we'll start with the good, the things ive done to it so far:

structurally it is very sound. fiberglass is in good condition and the sleeping platform is very sturdy and is supposedly rated at 1000 lbs (i have not tested this but i have had two people on it with no issues). when i got the thing some of the inside tent poles were rusty and bent. i replaced the bent poles and took out the rust on the rusty poles and painted all the poles to match. i also went and replaced all the weather stripping and seals on the top hatch, so its nice and sealed now. lastly, i did pull the tent canvas and cleaned it the best i could without completely removing the urethane coating. there are still stains but it doesnt smell or anything. i bought and installed new stainless screws to replace the original rusted steel ones it came with.

now for the unfortunate list of bad things.
-no rear lift struts (the ones it came with were dead). i actually will most likely go out and buy some and install them before someone buys it.
-the tent canvas is still not fully secured to the shell. its a very tight fit and i've got it on about 90% on but not all of it is quite on. like it said its a tight fit, might take two people to get it to go into place.
-there are a couple small holes in the tent canvas. the biggest one is about the size of a dime. could easily be patched up.
-it is missing a few parts. there are two poles that steady the camper when in use (non-weight bearing) that didnt come with the tent when i got it. would have to be fabbed or if you're really lucky, originals found. its also missing two interior brackets the keep the window netting pushed out (see pics). also missing two small poles that keep the tent canvas pushed up.
-theres other random little stuff. like the front window that buds up to the rear window of the truck, the latch is missing, so no way to keep it closed/secured.
-didnt come with a mattres. would have to find your own. i've heard it takes a standard queen but never bothered to try.
-no key for the rear window latch. didnt come with one and i was planning to have one made.
-missing some of the pins the keep the poles propped up.

thats what i can think of at the moment. as for price, im going to ask $250. might seem high, but try to find a wildnernest for sale right now in socal. you cant, and if you can they want way more than $250. if you're willing to put some work into it you could have a nice set up for not as much money. like i said, i was going to fix it up but i ran out of time.

heres a site with information about these:
http://www.wildernestcampers.com/
others for sale:
http://wildernest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sale

and pics of the actual thing:
IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

***The next pics are before i cleaned it, not its current state*****

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Is the cable supported by the alum post in the middle?
I would think it works just like those adventure roof top tents. Most of them are pulled up through a cable system.

hmm i wonder if this can be modified to mount on the top of an xj cut the roof out and then mount it straight to the roof. Open it up and have access from the inside of the jeep to the bed...

Now i cant see the pics you posted because my work sucks. but is this the one that flops over to the side or just pops up?

hmm i wonder if this can be modified to mount on the top of an xj cut the roof out and then mount it straight to the roof. Open it up and have access from the inside of the jeep to the bed...

Now i cant see the pics you posted because my work sucks. but is this the one that flops over to the side or just pops up?

this one flops over to the side. the top of the camper shell becomes the sleeping platform.

Dont come a knocking if the camper shell is rocking lol. What a deal!!!! We sell the RTT's for our trailers and this thing is nice! I would use it on my trailer

I posted a link to this thread over at Comanche Club.

Back