• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wierdest wheelin' sighting

trashedxj

NAXJA Member # 1386
ok whats the most bizarre thing you have ever seen while 4 wheelin'? me and a few buddys went wheelin tonight i;ve known this was there but thought i would share it and see if tread lightly constitutes this as "littering on the trail" i think it looks like an old prison bus?!? i know its from the 50's though
HPIM2088.jpg

Up where we go wheeling a lot there's like a 58 Edsel way off the trail...just kinda hanging out on the mountainside. What's REALLY weird is that there's no humanly way possible that the thing could have been driven or dragged up. You can't even get a fullsize truck up the trails to get there. We're talking 10 miles of this kind of trail, lol. Absolutely hilarious. Have heard from all the old timers that it's been there for as long as they can remember.

I'll get a pic the next time I'm up there (it's under about 15ft of snow right now).

after finally making it to the top of a mountian in southern Vermont on our 2nd attempt of the year that required winching all of the rigs and totally abusing our rigs for 6 hours on the slippery muddy slope. we found a 2wd S-10 pickup that looked like someones "camp truck" from a local firewood camp. it had the interior gutted, milk crate drivers seat, a beer keg for a fuel tank, and some totally bald 31" BFG ATs. i havent been back since then to find what "should" be a much easier road to the top. but this rig DID NOT go up the same way we did. i have since lost the pics though.

wheelin4cheap said:
Wheelin' at night in the gifford pinchot, we saw a sasquatch in the headlights. My friend shiet his pants. No b.s.

I did to, in Skamania County, where you will actually get a fine and or jail time if you shoot Bigfoot. No shittin ya, saw a sign that said that, wish I had a camera at that time. Anyways, after seeing it for a while, I realized it was some guys wife.

Last weekend me and a few buddies went way up in the hills just outside of Wilkeson, the turnoff to the left before you continue up to Evans. We were about 12 or more miles out on the logging roads, when I drove past this Nissan Sentra, I hit the brakes jumped out and checked to see if there was anyone in the car, the crash looked fresh. No one inside, but there was a ton of garbage scattered down the hillside into the forest. Looks like whoever was rallying it, sure f'ed the car up badly, if not themselves. Word of advice, dont rally cars, trust me, it sucks when you crash. Look through my posts, you'll see me in my Dodge Intrepid before I became wise.

May not be the weirdest, but it makes you wonder.

100_0128.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0127.jpg

Out wheeling one day we found a cemetary and a old meetinghouse. Really cool. Latest gravee was 1849 and the meeting house was just a old foundation, but it had some leftovers of metal furniture in it. Really cool, wish I had the camera.

Will go back in the spring.

Came across this tragic scene.

buried.jpg

Salvaged a digital camera, $14 bucks cash, and a half of pack of gum. :wave: :thumbup:

We went about 3 hours into the woods in south central TN one time and came across a small field.

In this field was a cinder block building with no doors. There were folding chairs, a pulpit, and a stack of bibles and hymn books.

Outside the building was a small spring that had been tapped with a PVC pipe coming out of it and a bar of soap sitting on a rock.

On the river side of the field was a homemade port-a-pot and a picnic table with several dozen ammo shells in the grass below it.

It took us another 2 hours to get out of that trail and back to civilization. It sure appeared that the church was used weekly for services, but I have no idea how they all got down there.

I once saw Sequoia actually wheeling his junk.
Yea, you heard me, wheeling without a mouse.

I hear that's rarer than Sasquatch sightings.

Last edited:
"Wheelin'In The Country" located in Summertown Tennessee has a lot of interesting stuff along their trails. Came around one corner and there was a pile of metal coffins! They have the obligatory school bus also.

Very south end of the San Rafael Swell, in central Utah.
34595%3C754%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D323343%3A27%3B879nu0mrj

34595%3C754%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D323343%3A28339%3Cnu0mrj

and no-one around for a hundred miles!
Damn Trekkie's!

Geepfreak said:
Very south end of the San Rafael Swell, in central Utah.

34595%3C754%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D323343%3A28339%3Cnu0mrj

and no-one around for a hundred miles!
Damn Trekkie's!
Got time portal?

I've come across some old granite basement holes a few times. There's and old county road behind my house, with a few holes from a little neighborhood that was burned down due to small pox in the early 1900's.

I also came across someones pop-up camper and plow quite a ways out on the woods. Getting them there is do-able, but looks damn hard. Theres also a trail up the road from me that has an early 50's convertible out there, all shot up.

Wierdest wheelin' sighting = Remi.......on any trail......at any time.......any day.........just wierd.

'Nuff said.

:laugh3:

Back