• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why vibes why!!!!!!

Glad you got it pinned down. Be careful with shims- make darn sure the leaf spring center pin has enough left past the shim to get a good bite into the axle perch locating hole. More than about a 4 degree shim and it gets sketchy. The smaller shims usually are notched at one end so you can loosen up the ubolts and slide them in. If you need a larger shim try to get the style that bolts to the leaf pack via the center pin/bolt.

JJacobs said:
get the style that bolts to the leaf pack via the center pin/bolt.
That is a pretty steep angle,what springs and shackles are you running?

Not sure if this was covered or not, but Les Schwab can't properly align your XJ's front end. According to Olympic 4x4, 4wheelparts, and the fact that they refused to even look at my Jeep because my swaybars were disconnected (not a liability issue, already checked. The mechanic there tried to reassure me that my alignment would be out of whack because my sway bars somehow changed my alignment.), it would be wise for you to go get your XJ aligned by a place that pays attention to the caster adjustments ect. Oh, and Firestone (although they offer a lifetime alignment package!) can't properly align your vehicle because they go off of OEM alignment. Disclaimer... this is my perception of Les Schwab and Firestone. I could and most often am wrong. We learn from being wrong, though. =p

Back