• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why did you????

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
So just wanted to know ( for no real reason ) why did "you" join NAXJA?. I will go first. Cause I like XJ's, thought it would be and so far is a good place to meet new people who like to wheel, break stuff, fix stuff. All my experiences so far with all that I have met have been great ones. I have been able to help some guys with parts, working on their jeeps, O and sharing my raffle tickets with Eric:roll:.

So why did you join?

With the exception of the whole raffle part of things, my reasoning, results, and experiences have mirrored yours Kenny. I ran into this random guy, a total stranger, at a Nappa parts counter one day when he overheard me asking for something for my Cherokee... He was kind enough to approach me and we talked for several minutes about Jeeps and other stuff, and at the end of it all, told me about NAXJA. From that point on Crazymoose (Jason) and I have been friends, and due to his introduction I have met some really good people, like BPB (Ben) and He-Man (Jimmy)... salt-of-the-earth kind of guys who are (and were) willing to drop everything to help out a fellow Jeeper in need when it really mattered. I cant possibly ever thank these guys enough, and I have seen or heard of this level of generosity a few times since throughout the NWC of NAXJA.

The friendships I have built, the knowledge I have gained, and continue to gain from this site are invaluable when compared against the membership dues. I am proud to be red letter, if not for that, than to represent the brotherhood of the NWC of NAXJA, and to give a little back to the site that has provided me with so much. I look at the level of involvement in the offroad community that NAXJA has giving me the opportunity to be apart of, like the development, and design of the new Saddle-Up trail in the TSF thanks SOLEY to AwesomeXJ (Aaron), giving me my first real opportunity to be apart of something much bigger than anything else in my life, and something that will be around for a long, long time to come.

I know this may all come across as sappy, and emotional, so I close with this.... my first NAXJA "Event" was TORXFest......(for those of you that were there...'nuff-said) ..... I dont think I laughed so hard or had a better time in the snow and rain than I did that night. Dustin may still be pissed off at me for my trip report afterwards, but we all had a good time, and it it was all in good fun.... THATS what NAXJA means to me, and I'm glad to be apart of it.

I joined a few years back when i got my 89. Few montgs later it was voilently taken from me by a xc90. About a year ago i bought my 98 and i have been lurking on CF. Finally super fed up with how shitty that place is i decieded this will be my new home lol

I got my first XJ in '08 and got a user Acct. I didn't really do much. I got rid of that one and eventually got another that ended up with dw. I used Naxja to help me through it. Then I traded that one (with dw) for my current one. I bought a re chromolly tie rod from dellstopjeep he had on CL. Then meet glue-n-tape when he came out to my place to help me swap in a new d30. After going to a meet n greet and spending more time on the forum. I decided to go red letter for a membership drive they were having with prizes. I won. I went to my first run, thanksgiving run. And I was hooked. I figured Naxja was there for me when I needed it so I should show my gratitude and go red.

i wanted the red letter discounts when buying things from vendors.

X2.

Met GlueNtape at tsf one day, he gave me some advice and pointed me this way.. I went red for the discounts that I don't really see anymore

I originally got started back when I was young and my mom had a 90 something fugly brown chero lol I had thought it was the coolest thing in the world and knew one day I'd buy one, skip to just a month ago, I was on my second car(2 weeks old) and some dumb driver hit me, figured it was a sign to finally buy a jeep(or at least I pretended it was a sign lol) so I started searching and reading what the best jeep I should get, kept getting my info from jeepforum and here(mainly here) untill I found a 97' with an inline 6 and a lsd 8.25 rear axle! has only 190k miles and I couldnt be happier. so I finally decided to join here. and soon I'll be a red letter, just going to wait first though. and thats how i got on this

My pops got down with you knuckleheads and some of the older guys. Went on a run and was in. Great people here and lots of info. Love driving a jeep now. When the zombies attack i can just run them over!

I joined because Naxja as a whole puts alot of time and money back into our trail systems and sport. The NWC has alot of great people that can do amazing things. I cant wait to see where this chapter goes in the near future.

O man... Well I had a jeep because I was hanging out with RlCHARD CRANlUM (ken) Carnage (Roger)Los Lobos (Karl) they had been on NAXJA and pointed me in the right direction, they had helped me so much and the ones I always (and still do) look up to.

RlCHARD CRANlUM is down for a rig swap and has been for a few

Carnage is done jeeping and doing the family thing

Los Lobos is in to Search and rescue/ wheeling with some big kids.

I really just wanted to have good people to wheel with, and be around similar rigs.

If it was not for Ken, Karl, Roger, and Charles (Rogers brother) ... I would not be here.

I was in the fast lane running out of luck, driving faster then my guardian angels could fly.

And you guys, I stick around for.

Cuz lets face it, if I'm not in to jeeps I would be in to something else much faster.

NAXJA is one of the more hardcore XJ clubs. I wanna wheel!

I bought a 2001 Grand Cherokee in 08, was forced to sell 1.5 years ago, since we were moving or planning on moving to Woodland and I needed a commuter car and the agreement was I would only drive a car if I got a wheeler too. Canman rig was purchased and was one of the best purchases we made! My car took a crap one year after buying it so the cheapest we could find was another Grand Cherokee but an older model.
I went with Eric to NWFest 3 years ago and had a blast. Later on that year Eric said I HAD to create an account because NW Chapter needed votes for Rig of Month I believe. So I created an account and became Red Letter during the membership drive. I enjoy wheeling with you all! There are many I know I can count on! I also like the sticker too and the TorxReports!

I was introduced to naxja when I was 18 working on Eric's first jeep. At that point I was hooked. Since then I have owned 8 or 9 jeeps. I like naxja because it gives me people to wheel with since Eric had to part out his jeep to buy a house

i knew i wanted a xj for a long time. i knew i would have to pay for the "one" i wanted. well i was fairly broke and in need of a chep car, when an 89 cherokee poped up for sale. i bought it figureing id learn a thing or two about the xj's and have a rig to drive around like any other throw away car...

the fixing of that jeep led me to naxja's mod's section. words dont describe what it tought me. after about 1.5 years i had sold that cherokee and steped up to a 92 with a 5spd. while searching and fixing that rig i knoticed there was more to this website than tec. wait, what is this... Chapters!:party: i wasnt invited to come on a run, i dident know what any of this was about, i had no kids at the time. so i drug tessa out to a place called TSF. to meet up with some guies on a run. thanksgiving run 08 i think, (where rodger rolled) we got lost trying to find the group, ran one trail found there empy camp at lyda. i saw the level of jeep at camp and was scared back into the shop for more jeep building.

the next year i was ready! so anxious i was the 1st one in camp. by 4.5 hrs:wow:. scared and alone in the dark. RedJeep3 drove in with a buddy to rescue me. they set up camp and came over to invite me to the group:wave:. i did not know what to expect but nic, his gf, and the group was more than hospitable twards me being a total stranger. The next day we met up with the group. a rather large group! where i met nw-xj-scott, torx, Mojojo, 88manchee, Glue-n-tape, BigDog, Mopar440, Attitude, juniorXJ, WheelinJR, and Ceb0217. plus a couple of buggies. if i remember right it was scotts first run aswell.

i had a blast on the run, and thoes are still some of the people i enjoy wheeling with most to this day. the rest is history

thankyou NAXJA

Bronze.

Oh God.... where to start ?

I joined Naxja back in 05 or 06 :wierd: Back then i was recently divorced and my kids were living in NY. I had just purchased my second XJ. Id been wheeling for years but new nothing about jeeps. I found naxja after searching about my tires rubbing after installing my first lift on it. I think my fist run was up in washougal with some younger guys i dont remember names (cause im OLD!) one of those young guys was only 16 at the time but he struck me as a good kid with a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders. Its wasnt long after that that i attended the NWFest pre run at TSF. Met some cool folks from the north and was hooked. At that same run there was this 16 year old kid again. He wasnt able to participate at NWFest due to waivers and age restrictions, but he was still there and carried himself very well around the big kids, and he wheeled the piss out of his lil blue cherokee with the 2" budget boost. I couldnt wait for the big event! NWFest at TSF was the coolest thing EVER! it wasnt all that big compared to the Naches events, but it was the coolest freeking thing id ever seen. So many different XJs all at the same event ! I was in awww! Met some super cool guys and gals from all over the NW and learned a ton about my jeep and theirs. The coolest part for me was watching a cherokee walk thru the rocks at the crushers. Pathatten will forever be the inspiration for my jeep.

The rest is history ! A lot of parts and money. Blood sweat and tears.... and a ton of good times later my jeep build is where i always imagined it.

Ive made some great friends on this site. Some have stuck around, many have moved on. There honestly havnt been very many who have rubbed me wrong. The majority would give you the shirt off there back or the parts off their rig to get you home, without even knowing your name. That was reason enough for me to join !

I still own the same rig i purchased back in 2005 and that 16 year old kid... Dustin (TORX) has grown up but he's still around too. I know ive been off the radar for a bit, but im still a naxja member and i dont plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I look forward to wheeling with you guys again soon, meeting new faces and more good times!

:cheers:
Mojo

i joined becuase :NAXJA: is a mature and responsable club. not just a bunch of idiot kids who go muddin up in the hills and F&^% shit over for the rest of us rule following guys/gals.

NAXJA has been a great source of information and they even give back to the community, i will deff be renewing my membership even though i no longer own an XJ but will soon be building a new MJ.....5.7l hehe

Back