• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why am I the only XJ with a turdy-5?

Silver60th

NAXJA Forum User
All of the XJ's (and I mean ALL of them) I have seen in Lubbock and in Victoria TX. have ChryCo 8.25's in the back. Not crying about it, but why did I buy the one XJ in Texas with a 35? :gonnablow

Just waiting on someone to wreck one here in Lubbock so I can pick up a cheap axle upgrade. Or even a Exploder 8.8

*Rant Off*

Probably because yours came with ABS. Mine had one when I first got it.

Yeah, most 2WDs came with the 8.25. I just swapped in an 8.25 in mine. :D

Mine had an D35 then I switched to a 8.25 29 spline and now soon will be a D44

What's wrong with a 35? The WJ has a 35 w/ c-clips. (I think that's right. Could be wrong.)

I have a non-c clip 35 in mine.... well for a few more weeks I will.

I got an 8.25 but since I couldn't sell my D44, I will be swapping it, hopefully spring early summer. Then you could buy my 8.25 and the turdy five could be a thing of the past.

Haha, if only.

Sad thing is, most of the people around here that drive XJ's wouldn't know that they have a 8.25. Guess they're just lucky

mine has a d35. it welded on 33"s. x2elite can vouch for it i abuse my very very hard. it hasnt snapped yet i carry a extra set of shafts just encase i break one. he has bein at superlift with me while i have bein bouncin it and basically jumped the thing. i know they are known to be weak but i cant say they are.

also im runnin 4.10s and has a tcu control box and am in 1st and 4lo most the time we are crawlin

Haha, if only.

Sad thing is, most of the people around here that drive XJ's wouldn't know that they have a 8.25. Guess they're just lucky

I'll let you know when I get it out if you are interested. I have family (wife's) in Dimmit and could probably meet you in Plainview some time. I would make a smokin' deal on it when the time comes.

Where at in Texas are you? I could round you up an 8.25 in no time at all.

Back