• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why all the TSL SS Bogger hate?

I've ran Boggers, TSLs, SSRs, and SXs. IMO, the SX is the best of the bunch. It's a little like the Bogger in that they do well on a somewhat heavier rig and/or with beadlocks. That allows you to get them to belly-out and really hook up. The SX shoulder lugs are slightly smaller than the TSL, but the sidewall tread makes up for it once you're in the ruts. I've only wheeled the SSRs twice, but they do hook-up well. As a radial the lugs are smaller and more tightly spaced, but still one of the most aggressive radials out there. For overall wheeling, I'd rate them in this order:

SX

TSL

SSR

Bogger

Of course, depending on the terrain you wheel the most, you may disagree.

I've ran Boggers, TSLs, SSRs, and SXs. IMO, the SX is the best of the bunch. It's a little like the Bogger in that they do well on a somewhat heavier rig and/or with beadlocks. That allows you to get them to belly-out and really hook up. The SX shoulder lugs are slightly smaller than the TSL, but the sidewall tread makes up for it once you're in the ruts. I've only wheeled the SSRs twice, but they do hook-up well. As a radial the lugs are smaller and more tightly spaced, but still one of the most aggressive radials out there. For overall wheeling, I'd rate them in this order:

SX

TSL

SSR

Bogger

Of course, depending on the terrain you wheel the most, you may disagree.

How were the SX's on the street? I'm thinking about picking up a set but I also have to drive to and from school and I don't want to have to worry about my tires seperating due to heat issues.

The SXs are way better than Boggers on the street, slightly better than TSLs. The SSRs will be the best of the bunch on pavement obviously, but the least resistant to damage off-road. I was surprised when I replaced my 36" TSLs with 38" SXs, the ride improved. The SX is a dual-construction tire, both bias and steel plies. You don't want to run them at too high a psi, they're like a rock. But at around 25 psi they're pretty nice on the street. You have to get them down to 3-6 psi off-road though, very stiff sidewalls.

I like the SX a lot, it's the best all-around tire I've ran. I've also ran both BFG AT and (old) MTs and Goodyear MTRs, and I like the SXs the best for a semi-dedicated wheeler. I don't think I'd run them on a DD though, but I know some people do.

I've run 35-10.50 Boggers for some time and I think they are great on rocks, rough trails. They grip like an eight legged pig.
I also have a set of street tires, but will drive the Boggers on the hwy to go on nearby trail rides. I seem to follow all my buddies without much fuss, they run TSLs, SXs, radial Mud Terrains, IROKs.

Irony... I despise mud. :D

I have SSRs on my land cruser there great .they never see above 20 psi and are usually ran at 5-15 lbs and there well abused on rocks,sand,snow,dirt,and a little pavement. I had a set of boggers on it for a little bit but I got tired of replacing ujoints and ring and pinions.

Back