• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whose going to Baja?

MasterPull

We make rope cool
Who from here is going down to the Baja 1000 this year? Master-Pull and Hall Racing USA are partnering to debut the new #61 Trophy Truck. We are also sponsoring a Tier 1 Off-Road and Master-Pull H1 Alpha race truck. I will be going down to Reno on the 13th and then down to Mexico!:firedevil

-Alex

I'll be down with the team. Dust Junkies and Fat City have teamed up again, to defend our winning title from last year, but this time we're racing the 1706 Wrangler...which is #1701 for this race.

-Dan

Headed south on the 13th to start pre-running... Starting to get excited!

We can make you a pretty good deal on a Master-Pull Race Wrangler Alex. Returning Chammmmmmmpions...........................:wave:

I will be down working in the BFG pit #3 at the bay of LA.. XjohnnyC should be there with me as well... should be fun..

Should be there? I will be there. ;) Got the week off, passport is ready. All I have to do is pack.

You guys getting your travel visas? We got ours through discoverbaja.com. Just have to get them validated at the border...rather than pull off, fill out application, go to mx bank, go back to border, then validate.

Not actually a travel visa, but a tourist card. You need one if your stay is more than 72 hours or if you're going further south than the "tourist zone", which is only about 70 miles. That's about Ensenada.

i got the invite and chose to sit it out this year...maybe next year. have a blast alex and be sure to get some good pics! i'll catch you guys at the hammers

Not actually a travel visa, but a tourist card. You need one if your stay is more than 72 hours or if you're going further south than the "tourist zone", which is only about 70 miles. That's about Ensenada.

Where did you get this info Johnny....? My understanding was tourist zone was quite a bit deeper south.

Just about every website I checked said the tourist zone is anywhere from 12-70 miles.

Who Needs Mexico Tourist Cards?
Travelers staying in Mexico for more than 72 hours or traveling beyond the "border zone" need Mexico tourist cards. The tourist, or border zone, can extend up to 70 miles into Mexico, as it does near Puerto Penasco, southwest of Tucson on the Sea of Cortez, or about 12 miles, as it does south of Nogales. American citizens can travel in the border zone without a tourist card or a vehicle permit. Generally, the tourist zone extends until the first immigration checkpoint south of the US border in Mexico -- if you get there, you'll know it.

http://studenttravel.about.com/od/mexicostudenttravel/f/mexico_visa.htm

Wow that was an experience to say the least, I was put in one of the H2 prerunner that was on course for part of the race. Our h1 race truck rolled and DNF'd but the #61 Trophy Truck was able to finish with Rod Hall driving across the line!

-Alex

Back