• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who uses rotella?

Clean-RC said:
Well tell the oil companies to put ZDDP back into gasoline engine oils so we dont have to worry about cam shafts going flat... You will find that is why a majority of XJ owners have switched to the Diesel oils... I know im not going back to regular oils untill then.. Oh and Im running the Delo 400 for now...

Clean-RC, unfortunately ZDDP is taken out of the new CI formulas for Delo 400 and Rotella. When the new low sulfur diesel came long the oil formula also changed. If you can find CJ formulas let me know where I will pay for the shipping. Owning a Dodge CTD and the Cherokee I could rant all night about the new EPA Diesel and oils. Only way to get a 10w40 that has the ZDDP now is going with an oil like amsoil, they have 2 formulas.

I run 10w40 in my cherokee during the summer. It is my wifes DD so I do not like the fact I know she is not going to take the extra time to let the engine warm up and will run while the oil is cold and think. Remember diesels have an engine heater which helps keep that oil warm in the winter. However I alway do a good warm up on the CTD.

Just my $.02...

Advance Auto has the $30 for 5 quarts of whatever mobil1 oil and filter, so I got the m301 filter and 10w40 hi mi (sl with some zddp). The engine has 67K and doesn't leak(yet). I've used 10w30s dino and synth in the past on my other xjs and so I don't have an opinion on the 40 weight yet, but I do notice a slight increase in the valvetrain noise. I saw AA does carry the STP blue and RP($7.29/qt).

jragan said:
Clean-RC, unfortunately ZDDP is taken out of the new CI formulas for Delo 400 and Rotella. When the new low sulfur diesel came long the oil formula also changed. If you can find CJ formulas let me know where I will pay for the shipping. Owning a Dodge CTD and the Cherokee I could rant all night about the new EPA Diesel and oils. Only way to get a 10w40 that has the ZDDP now is going with an oil like amsoil, they have 2 formulas.

I run 10w40 in my cherokee during the summer. It is my wifes DD so I do not like the fact I know she is not going to take the extra time to let the engine warm up and will run while the oil is cold and think. Remember diesels have an engine heater which helps keep that oil warm in the winter. However I alway do a good warm up on the CTD.

Just my $.02...

Just an FYI, it had been a long day when I wrote this.... The new formula is CJ. If you want ZDDP in your oil need CI. You can still find it in some stores also noticed walmart had a synthenic that met the CI standard.

Back