• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who sells TPS for the Renix?

Shorty & JoePeters: Just got my new Standard Parts AUTOMATIC TPS installed in the 88 XJ with the 5 speed. Adjusted per the FSM (17%) and Cherokee idles like a champ. Took it out on the interstate and it seems to run fine.
What would happen if I plugged in the "extra 4 prong" plug to the XJ wiring harness? Its the one for the auto trans that I dont have?

Again BIG THANKS for the info.

Shorty & JoePeters: Just got my new Standard Parts AUTOMATIC TPS installed in the 88 XJ with the 5 speed. Adjusted per the FSM (17%) and Cherokee idles like a champ. Took it out on the interstate and it seems to run fine.
What would happen if I plugged in the "extra 4 prong" plug to the XJ wiring harness? Its the one for the auto trans that I dont have?

Again BIG THANKS for the info.

since there's no TCU onder the dash, you'd just be extending the wires to another location-- shouldn't "harm" anything, but it won't "help" anything either....

since there's no TCU onder the dash, you'd just be extending the wires to another location-- shouldn't "harm" anything, but it won't "help" anything either....

Agree, shouldn't do anything.

Back