• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes roll cage kits?

Cheropair

NAXJA Forum User
Considering the installation of a roll cage, not so much for the safety (although that is a plus), but to prevent some of the dreaded cracking of the uni-body. It's a 4dr, '96 XJ.

Would like to know ballpark prices, features, and manufacturers. Want something in current production ;) ,with pics!!

If all else fails, may have to buy a bender and do it myself -- the MJ will eventually get a cage, also, and I don't see anyone having enough demand to design one......:rolleyes:

Gecko said:
http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/cherokeexj.htm
Thats the best one Ive found so far. Too bad its a whole grand. But it does seem to be pretty nice and functional.

bolt in :confused: gross....

one cool thing about TOR's is that it is just a rough idea and they will add in whatever triangulation that you want.

-Scott

I called TOR a while back about their cage. Before, they had a cheaper price for the 2-door cage. So I asked them why. The head tech that makes the cages said "there's less tubing" I was like..."why?" He said, "it's shorter" I said "why?" He said "the 2-door is shoter" I said "no it's not" then I had to go an explain that the only difference is the center hoop will be moved back a bit from the longer doors. Then he said "I never actaully made a 2-door cage...where are you maybe you can come in and fit it for us." I wasn't about to drive down to tennesee for that. Then I looked at the page the next day and they made the 2-door cage and the 4-door cage priced the same. Funny isn't it...I think so........ _nicko_

T&J makes great stuff, I have there shock mounts. I called the other day about the prebent cageand they said it comes with the A, B, C, and D pillar. They also said they are reworking it alittle so youmight want to check back. I have seen that rockhard cage at the offroad expo, it looks goofy but it should work if you dont like welding.

Back