• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes piston for the 4.0/stroker.

Flash

NAXJA Forum User
As far as i know no one makes a stroker piston for the 4.0L. But, of all the piston manufacture out there.........How still make then for us........What are my choices ....that are still available.

Who has used what brand, and how have you like then?

Thanks for any info that you can give!

Flash.

seanyb505 said:

MY concerns are not nessisarilly whether it is forged, cast, or Hypereutectic (would prefer the Hyper)

I need spec's on the available piston..........mostly dish volumes and compression height or wrist pin height.

summit racing left out the spec for the dish volume.......any one now what it is.
When to the Federal mogul sight, but only found bragging rights, no spec.

Flash

The dish in the AMC242 piston tends to be ~18cc, or a little over a cubic inch. Stroker pistons can be standard pistons (you're using the 258 crank and rods with the 242 piston,) unless you're doing something exotic - like taking a RENIX block to 4.000" (in which case, you're probably going to want a variation of the SBChevvy piston, but I'll have to check.)

Apart from that, there's no reason why you can't use a piston for an AMC242 - at +.000", +.030", or +.060". Unless you're going to get silly, they should work fine.

5-90 said:
The dish in the AMC242 piston tends to be ~18cc, or a little over a cubic inch. Stroker pistons can be standard pistons (you're using the 258 crank and rods with the 242 piston,) unless you're doing something exotic - like taking a RENIX block to 4.000" (in which case, you're probably going to want a variation of the SBChevvy piston, but I'll have to check.)

Apart from that, there's no reason why you can't use a piston for an AMC242 - at +.000", +.030", or +.060". Unless you're going to get silly, they should work fine.

Hmmm, well 4.00 bore........Na......SILLY?......on paper, yes!!!!!!

I want to play with compression heights, dish volumes, and pick the best piston for me (with Quench as well a compression to consider here)

I just wish that some one had all of these spec......or should i say the pin hight and dish volume for all the 4.0L/242 pistons available so that i could play around for a while. With number, compression and quench heights

The Dyno sim is getting boring, still haven't get the "stroker cash saved up.....so time to do some more research.

flash

Flash said:
Hmmm, well 4.00 bore........Na......SILLY?......on paper, yes!!!!!!

I want to play with compression heights, dish volumes, and pick the best piston for me (with Quench as well a compression to consider here)

I just wish that some one had all of these spec......or should i say the pin hight and dish volume for all the 4.0L/242 pistons available so that i could play around for a while. With number, compression and quench heights

The Dyno sim is getting boring, still haven't get the "stroker cash saved up.....so time to do some more research.

flash

I'll probably be doing desk work most of the week, I'll make a note to myself to dig up piston data.

The RENIX block, assuming no core shift, can survive a +.125" overbore. Get the block ultrasonically checked first - you still need to maintain a minimum wall thickness of .100" at all points.

Anyhow, I'll see what I've got.

5-90 said:
I'll probably be doing desk work most of the week, I'll make a note to myself to dig up piston data.

The RENIX block, assuming no core shift, can survive a +.125" overbore. Get the block ultrasonically checked first - you still need to maintain a minimum wall thickness of .100" at all points.

Anyhow, I'll see what I've got.

I won't be doing any piston spec above .060" but and piston pin hight and dish cc volumes and manufacture would be greatly appreciated!

Flash

Flash said:
MY concerns are not nessisarilly whether it is forged, cast, or Hypereutectic (would prefer the Hyper)

I need spec's on the available piston..........mostly dish volumes and compression height or wrist pin height.

summit racing left out the spec for the dish volume.......any one now what it is.
When to the Federal mogul sight, but only found bragging rights, no spec.

Flash

You want dish volumes and compression heights? Look no further than this page of my site:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

Wierd. Let's do it this way...

35jaycj.jpg

Back