• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is the leader of the Republican Party?

SO! This thread has died rather quickly. No one have a single name they want to throw out there as the leader of the Republican party right now? Is it an uncomfortable subject or something? :D

Jnickel101! Never met him, we disagree on a lot of things, but I like him. I believe he's got the best interets of Our nation in his heart. We need an average guy, not another yale or harvard or other Ivy leaguer who never had to work a day in their life to lead us. He's my pick.

I don't know, mid cycle it is kinda of hard to pick someone. Who would you have called the leader of the democrats 3 years ago, there were 3 or 4 names in the front them, just like the republicans now.

Choosing Obama is a copout. He is not the leader of his party, and the Democratic party appears to be beginning to split a little ideologically. He is titularly the head since he is president, but I would still probably finger Pelosi as the leader as far as control of members and such goes.

It is hard to pick someone, but the Democrats three years ago were led by Nancy Pelosi, much to many peoples (Democrats included) chagrin. To say Obama is a copout though isn't true either. W was the head of the Republican party, much to most's chagrin.

And there has always been a division in the Democratic party. That's part of our problem. "If you have a cause that has some merit, then join us" has always been our philosophy. As I said before, I am more of a blue dog Democrat, and there is a sizable quantity of us, to include the current President, in leadership positions across the country. I'm not as hardline as Pelosi and Reid on some things, but thats where I rely on the Blue Dog's to reign her in.

But Republican's unitary philosophy is hurting them even more right now. It's like a contest to see who can be the most hard line conservative and invoke Reagan's name the most. This ends up excluding many Americans.

To be quite honest, I would probably be a modern Republican if they would drop the religious right like the bad habit they are and accept the fact that it's possible they're wrong on some issues. Oh, and the general hate espoused by people like Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachman, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and every other Fake news anchor has to go.

Working together to solve an issue using honest debate and open mindedness to problem solving is more important than proving one philosophy right or wrong.

Jnickel101! Never met him, we disagree on a lot of things, but I like him. I believe he's got the best interets of Our nation in his heart. We need an average guy, not another yale or harvard or other Ivy leaguer who never had to work a day in their life to lead us. He's my pick.

What's so wrong with smart, well educated people?

Who's the leader of the Democratic party?

Its not Obama, all that man does is what he is told, and all he says is what the teleprompter says...

SO! This thread has died rather quickly. No one have a single name they want to throw out there as the leader of the Republican party right now? Is it an uncomfortable subject or something? :D

Obama as a blue dog Democrat, you are joking right? If you gave him twenty dollars he would try to spend $100.

that aside, I still do not see the same leadership over the party with Obama that we ahve seen with past presidents. It may change who knows, but right now the president and the leading congressional democrats are both cracking whips at each other trying to get the other to bend.

Nothing per se, but there is something to be said for real world experience outside of academia, executive corporate positions, and D.C.

:doh: D.C. would never be the same, I promise you that.....lol

I've discussed this with many an officer before....

Being "well educated" (i.e., attending a "good" college/university and earning a degree) does NOT make you intelligent or smart. It means you put in the time and the bookwork. Many "well educated" people just memorized and regurgitated whatever their professors threw at them - a lot of it, like Kujito said, has no real-world application, and doesn't qualify you to do anything other than frame that fancy diploma on your new office wall.

Every time I fix a computer issue for one of my officers (yes, they are mine), I be sure to remind them that a high school diploma just fixed what a college degree f*cked up. Always gets a laugh out of them.

D.C. needs an influx of people with common sense....something that, in my experience, a college education seems to eliminate from many people's minds.

As hard as it was to go to college at my age, I'm glad I had my own opinions/outlooks formed before they(academia) got to me. The "common sense" that I had built up over the years served me well. Particularly in the problem solving realm. It removed a lot of stumbling blocks that I saw a bunch of good students trip over. Not everything you need to know is in them books! The stuff in the books is rarely(if ever) the only/best way to get something done!

Well, after Obama's first address to Congress, at least I know what I want for Christmas this year.

...I just forget what it's called...

Is it a Wind-Up Nancy Pelosi or a Hack-In-The-Box?

CNN says it is Limbaugh, but that is crap. Limbaugh follows the views of conservativism, but it is a correlated relationship, not a causal one.

The only people who say Limbaugh is the leader of the Republicans and was a Bush suckup never listened to all of one of his shows, much less a few of them. Dude hammered Bush as hard as he has hammered Obama.

agreed. Michael Savage has a good show too. He's generally pissed off at both parties, which follows my general opinions of the modern political dual-party system. Makes for an entertaining, and informative, show.:cheers:

On topic, I like Bobby Jindal. He looks kinda funny, I'm not sure what descendency he is (half asian? india indian? half black?) but I like the views he stands for, and that's what matters. Not some 'eloquent speaker' who is nursed everywhere with teleprompters and stutters and 'ummms' worse than Bush ever did (and he was torn apart for it by the anti-Bushers.)

FYI I'm an independent conservative, not a big fan of Bush, but I can't stand Obama one bit!!!

His parents (Jindal) came here from India. Didn't you listen to his rebuttal speech? :D

I actually thought it was quite good....

Whatever, Jindal's rebuttal sounded like he was telling "The Night Before Christmas" to a bunch of 5 yr old's. Sorry, but all the problems this country is facing can't be fixed with heart warming stories. That's all his address was.

The Republican response should have been chocked full of specifics. More specific than Obama's address.

I've been following his career for a while and he is a pretty smart guy. It's too bad he had such a poor introduction to the national stage. I think Sarah Palin's speech writers wrote it for him. Hopefully he recovers somehow. It would make 2012 a little more interesting.

And BTW, I think being book smart isn't a detracting factor in a potential candidate for any office. If the guy/gal is a social toolbag lacking common sense he wouldn't have made it all the way to the Presidential stage. Therefore, education and overall proven intelligence should be a factor in someones vote, IMHO. I'm sure most don't pick up on the common sense others possess across the isle from them, but believe me, it's there...for the majority.

Last edited:
This coming from a guy who likes/supports the human empty speech machine....you apparently only listened to the first few minutes of Jindal's speech. How much more specific can you get than a personal annecdote?

I put way more stock in common sense/street smarts than book smarts. I'd be willing to bet you have your degree, and possibly, are also an officer.

/whatever

This coming from a guy who likes/supports the human empty speech machine....you apparently only listened to the first few minutes of Jindal's speech. How much more specific can you get than a personal annecdote?

I put way more stock in common sense/street smarts than book smarts. I'd be willing to bet you have your degree, and possibly, are also an officer.

/whatever

I'm watching his speech at the Nat'l Defense University right now. It's pretty specific. So I would challenge you to find when he's given a policy speech that lacks specifics? And personal anecdotes following a speech chocked full of policy just makes you look quaint and unprepared. Now, I know Jindal is no putz, it's just that the majority of Americans do not know him, and those that were first introduced to him that night probably left with a sour taste in their mouth.

And no, I'm not an officer. I went to college for 2.5 years. They told me I had to declare a major and I wasn't sure if political science was the direction I wanted to go despite how much I like it. So I figured that I'm physically fit (used to be, but a couple of injuries has hurt me in that area), young, and believe in public service. There were two wars going on also so I decided to put my money where my mouth is and joined the Army as a way to still contribute while at the same time figuring out what I want to do with my life. I just re-enlisted so I could go with my unit to Afghanistan here in May. So I'll have 5.5 years in when I get back and I'll be getting out. It's my personal goal to have finished my four year by the time I'm 29 and my law degree by 32 (I'm 25 right now).

So yes, education is very important. It's given me a leg up for promotions amongst my enlisted peers. Does it make the man? No, there are still worthless idiots wearing officer rank. But I said that you don't make it to the Presidential stage being a dousche when it comes to common sense.

I'd be willing to bet you have your degree, and possibly, are also an officer.

Hey, I resemble that remark. But I just went to college so I could fly.

As soon as I got my flight slot I switched to the easiest most enjoyable major I could find. So I now have a BS in History. It was absolutely amazing to here some of the things that came out of people mouths during some of my junior and senior seminar classes. Common sense is NOT a requirement for a degree, and being in college, or having a degree does not make you smart.

Whatever, Jindal's rebuttal sounded like he was telling "The Night Before Christmas" to a bunch of 5 yr old's. Sorry, but all the problems this country is facing can't be fixed with heart warming stories. That's all his address was.

The Republican response should have been chocked full of specifics. More specific than Obama's address.
I actually agree with you on this. :D

Hey, I resemble that remark. But I just went to college so I could fly.

As soon as I got my flight slot I switched to the easiest most enjoyable major I could find. So I now have a BS in History. It was absolutely amazing to here some of the things that came out of people mouths during some of my junior and senior seminar classes. Common sense is NOT a requirement for a degree, and being in college, or having a degree does not make you smart.

No disrespect intended :D But what you said is exactly what I was getting at....

History would be my #2 choice for a degree - I may go back and get that as a 2nd B.S., but right now, all 94 of my credits are towards Information Technology/Information Systems Security.....so I may as well just finish my last few classes for that ;)

Back