• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who has there 30 locked?

bandit455

NAXJA Forum User
Im considering doing an aussie up front, I have been for a while, but Im swapping in a hp 30 so now would defenitely be the time to do it.

My rig is currently on 32"s and at most will see 33"s, mostly because of the d35 out back

will my front axle survive with a aussie and no chromo's/special u-joints? I wheel blues with the occasional black.

Any driving comments on-road or off? Some guys say its a bear to turn offroad with a locked frontend, is this true?

stock shafts with 760 spicer ujoint will be fine for 33's as far as turning off road if you have issues pop it into 2wd, i had a lockrite in the frt of mine worked awsome, if i went new i would def go aussie there a lil bit smoother

i have an aussie, i like it

I am also locked upfront, however I am unsure of what Locker is in it specifically (bought it with it in). I have no problems out on the Blue's the way I'm setup and What Black's I've wheeled I've been fine.

good to hear guys, I was mainly worried about the shafts, and yes they will have 5-760s in them which are supposed make ht weak point the shaft

from what I have read the shaft will egg-out the slightest bit allowing the cap to be destroyed.

I have a lockrite in my front running 35's now with the crome's but I ran it with the normal axles for a long time. You should be fine

35s, aussie, alloys, riddler cover, never hadn any issues. and i wheel pretty hard

35's, lockrite, 4.56's, stock shafts. Have not broken a shaft since installing the lockrite, broke 1 with the old Trutrac.

33's on an aussie locked D30 in a Daily Drive best thing I ever did ... i forget its there unless im wheeling

33's on an aussie locked D30 in a Daily Drive best thing I ever did ... i forget its there unless im wheeling
Exactly I never notice the damn thing unless I'm in 4x4. Makes it somewhat interesting somewhat while driving in the snow and ice, but no problems what so ever IMO. I love having it locked up front. I'd like a locker in the rear, but if I had a choice of only picking one I'd go with having the front locked.

I also like my aussie im running it with 31s for now and its great, hardly noticable on the street and great offroad , The turning is a little tight though offroad but im happy with it.

from what I have read the shaft will egg-out the slightest bit allowing the cap to be destroyed.

Grinding the shafts (both inner and outer shafts) to accept full circle clips should keep the caps in place, preventing this. You should be able to find the Circle clips at Lowes or HD. If I remember right they were 1.375"

I'll be putting an Aussie in my HP30 this week. I'm running 33's but plan to upgrade to 35's. I still have the stock 760 shafts, but I plan to bring spare shaft/u-joint/hub assemblies on the trail. If anything does go, the trail fix will be a lot easier.

I'll be putting an Aussie in my HP30 this week. I'm running 33's but plan to upgrade to 35's. I still have the stock 760 shafts, but I plan to bring spare shaft/u-joint/hub assemblies on the trail. If anything does go, the trail fix will be a lot easier.

If your u-joints in your shafts are stock, you have the 297 u-joints. The shafts accept 297/760 joints, but the only way to have 760s in your shafts is if you put them in yourself.

Exactly I never notice the damn thing unless I'm in 4x4. Makes it somewhat interesting somewhat while driving in the snow and ice, but no problems what so ever IMO. I love having it locked up front. I'd like a locker in the rear, but if I had a choice of only picking one I'd go with having the front locked.
x2. My D30 is locked, but electric selectable. It's the only way to go for me since the XJ is my foul weather/winter driver. I ran with the front locked only and factory limited slip for a while, then front only. If you have to lock only 1, go front IMO.

I wouldn't run a stock D30 carrier on 35s ever again, granted I enjoy the WIN pedal.

This was with stock shafts, x760s, and full circle snap rings.

3147_521967885430_41902041_31069650_3742012_n.jpg

Back