• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the highest Miles on an OEM 4.0L...no head/cylinder work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just about 170k on an 87 4.0L...and my girlfriend's dad thinks it wasn't a good buy at 200 bucks with a d44 rear end :dunno: aw4 going strong, shifts perfect, R&P's in axles looked good when i changed the diff fluid, only driveline problem right now is a bad u-joint that i'm replacing tomorrow and a np242 that doesn't shift properly in and out of 4wd. gets an average of 19.5MPG and as good as 24.77MPG to boot.

Last edited:
94 XJ with 145,000. Manual tranny with the original clutch. Still runs like new

96 Sport with 59,600 miles. Still going strong..... :)

Bought this low mileage XJ last summer; drives like it's barely broken in.....

Wow.. this thread is 1.5 years old with the last post about 5 months ago, but what the heck...

82K on a '97, being rebuilt in my garage right now due to fording a river. :D

My 87 had 297K and change when I pulled it to build the stroker.

My 99 has 112K and change and still has no problems.

167k mi on my 94 before it hit that evil van.

111k miles on my 00. Runs good.

94XJ 239000 miles

89XJ 182000 miles

87XJ parted out due to coolent in engine @ 229000 miles (Bought in that condition for drivetrain)

All three are 4.0 6 cyl. Auto trans, top two purring along.

207,000 miles (not accurate probably off by at least 600-800 miles) on my 92 XJ (electronic) odometer froze up a couple of times (happens mostly at winter) but goes back to normal once it heats up. There are some small leaks but nothing major and smog levels so low that the mechanic thought his machine was messin' up, and oh yeah I still get 17-20+ mpg (cty/hwy)

And approximately 195,000 miles on my 1977 FSJ Cherokee (project) with the 401cid in it. Hooah!

I have a 4.0 that lived in an 88 cherokee with 274K then in an 88 yj adding another 88K and now its in the deer lease cj5 and added 54K and still ticking. The valve cover gasket was replaced when it went into cj along with the rear main seal and water pump. For 416k or so miles it doesnt run too bad, although it does need a distributor bearing i believe.

damn, i thought my 89 had a lot, 197 thousand miles on it. Bought it from my dad who kept it well maintained and to me who changes oil every 3 grand regardless. My dad drives it every now and then and he says he cant tell the difference between now and in june of 89.

248,000 and change on a 1990 base model 242ci I6 w/ AX-15 and np231 when it went in for total engine rebuild and new seals, about 30,000 miles ago, 2/3 of which were clocked by me. One owner Jeep when I got it, I'm the second and last....

They made bullet-proof engines, you think AMC/DC could make a clearcoat paint that wouldn't turn to dust under UV light exposure?:sunshine:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back