• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who had the longest daily commute with an XJ?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I just thought I would start this off and see how many people have to commute as far as I do. I do a 130 mile round trip every day. To make matters worse, it requires going through the middle of Denver.

Damn that sucks, I drive 8 miles round trip to work, I consider myself lucky. That doesn't give me enough time to
Warm up my IROCs :p

I had a 25-27 mile each way trip through Chicago's suburbs for a couple of years. An armored XJ was sort of nice during the snowstorms when the other driver's brains shifted into either neutral or reverse.

i used to commute from moab to SLC in mine, 270 miles one way did the drive every other day. i also commuted many times from moab to vernal which is 227 miles one way and i did that every day. after i retired the XJ from DD duties the MJ got used to commute all over central and south east ut every day.

i used to commute from moab to SLC in mine, 270 miles one way did the drive every other day. i also commuted many times from moab to vernal which is 227 miles one way and i did that every day. after i retired the XJ from DD duties the MJ got used to commute all over central and south east ut every day.

Damn that's a hell of a commute! How many time were you filling up your gas tank on the xj&mj?

Damn that's a hell of a commute! How many time were you filling up your gas tank on the xj&mj?

tell me about it! did it for 10 months out of the yr for almost 6 yrs. when the XJ was stock i was filling it every day, after it got the 3" and 32's with 4.56 gears i was filling it twice a day or 3 times a day, depending on how much of a hurry i was in. the MJ has the 2.5 in it so what it lacked in power it made up for with mileage, i filled it every other day. it's bone stock on 205's and 2wd.

I was averaging 70 miles round trip 5 days a week for 3+ years, before I retired the XJ as my DD a few months ago.

Had a two year commute of 55 miles one way when the XJ had 4.56 gears and 32 in tires.
The AX-15 allowed for somewhat decent mileage at speeds under 70 mph.The XJ has been retired from DD'ing for over six years now, after the second time the steering box bolts failed, but that is not what this thread is about.

I have a line on a 96 Nissan Sentra that needs some basic TLC for $900. I could pay for it in gas savings in three months.

Mine was one mile....I usually walked, now its 4 :scottm:

i walk out of my bedroom, pit stop in the bathroom, down the hallway, through the kitchen, and into the shop. It's gotta be at least 120 feet round trip.

i walk out of my bedroom, pit stop in the bathroom, down the hallway, through the kitchen, and into the shop. It's gotta be at least 120 feet round trip.

X2!! :D

Though I used to commute 160 - 200 miles a day in the XJ, After 2 months of that I bought a diesel VW for DD duties as the gas cost covered the payments and I still made out with extra cash.

I commute about 120 yards. It's kind of a PITA. I'm thinking about moving closer.

Back