• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

White African American Sues School for Discrimination

I'm in for that! My dad is black with an Irish heritage, so apparently I got double shafted by the world. :laugh2:

I think that is why all of their "organizations" don't say anything about "African American"....

NAACP
UNCF
BET

and not

NAAAAP
UAACF
AAET

Because it is the physical color of their skin and not where they were born (heritage) that puts them at a sociological disadvantage, right? :dunno:

The ignorant blacks, the ones who really do believe they deserve special treatment because they happened to be born into a race that used to be slaves.

Of course, the fact that the word slave comes from the word "slav" which was a group of white, eastern Europeans that were abducted and traded as slaves by the dark skinned North Africans is ignored. Or that the Jews were largely a light skinned race during all of their time in slavery. The serfdom experienced by the Russian peasants might as well have been slavery.

I brought this up in one of my Senior Seminars in history as we were discussing Eastern Europe, and a black girl flipped out. The Fact is that most races have been enslaved by another for a long period of time somewhere in history. The slavery in America just happens to be the most recent.

Of course, the fact that the word slave comes from the word "slav" which was a group of white, eastern Europeans that were abducted and traded as slaves by the dark skinned North Africans is ignored. Or that the Jews were largely a light skinned race during all of their time in slavery. The serfdom experienced by the Russian peasants might as well have been slavery.

I brought this up in one of my Senior Seminars in history as we were discussing Eastern Europe, and a black girl flipped out. The Fact is that most races have been enslaved by another for a long period of time somewhere in history. The slavery in America just happens to be the most recent.
Precisely. Every race has at one point been enslaved by another, or even by their own, at one point in history. To claim special circumstances because it happened to you is ridiculous. Black Africans were the ones selling their fellow black Africans to the white slave traders. Feudalism, as you pointed out, was slavery, and common throughout much of Europe for a long time. The Jews have been in and out of slavery for their entire history; Babylonians, Egyptians, Assyrians, etc.

The fact is, most enslaved cultures rejoiced and celebrated their freedom and then made strides to create a larger 'self', a better society. It remains to be seen if the current administration is about the business of a greater self at the cost of what everyone else has worked hard to attain for so long; hard, smart work pays better, provides better. It certainly seems as though it is so.

I feel enslaved by my government.

Something else most African-extraction Blacks don't want to admit to - if they want reparations, they should go after Africa. After all, it was their very own people who sold them out in the first place!

Something else most African-extraction Blacks don't want to admit to - if they want reparations, they should go after Africa. After all, it was their very own people who sold them out in the first place!

I have known of this fact for some time, it is not new to me. What just occured to me is the rejection, dejection they might have felt for the betrayal of their countrymen. Denial of that would make a case to come hard after us?

Just a thought.

Compare it to the war on drugs, who is to blame, the people who grow,process and ship it north or the people who buy it. If there was no market there would be no product to sell to people who don't want it.
Personally I think we should poison the drugs we do seize and then let it back into the drug flow.

Compare it to the war on drugs, who is to blame, the people who grow,process and ship it north or the people who buy it. If there was no market there would be no product to sell to people who don't want it.
Personally I think we should poison the drugs we do seize and then let it back into the drug flow.

should be interesting.

I seem to recall the eradication efforts the govt took a few years ago, sprayed mexican pot fields with a burn down herbicide called Paraquat. 'Killed all the plants, and dried out the leaves, which they went ahead and harvested and sent north. Hilarity ensued.

As tbburg posted, that was essentually the Paraquat debockle of the late 70's. All that did was drive the price of Pot up, it did nothing to deter use as they thought it would. Folks who inject have always taken this risk. They have no clue what the base drug has been cut with, but they continue to consume anyway.

I have always said that if you want to stop something, keep it legal and tax the hell out of it. Look at cigarettes, or Alcohol, or any other legal recreational use drug, that is how it's regulated. That money can then be cycled back into the system to help those who can't deal with addiction issues. Not only that, but it reduces the number of people we currently house in jails for decades for non-violent crime. It sounds crazy, but you simply can not legislate morality. History shows that it simply does not work and people find a criminal based market which meets their needs to offset the legislation.

-Ron

Queue the folks that will brand me a racist for this: I do not condone slavery. However, it has existed in some form for as long as man has been on Earth. Each race of people has been enslaved at some point by another or at least persecuted for their race. That being said, next time a black person starts ranting about needing reparations for slavery, ask them where their black ass would be had their ancestors NOT been brought to this country as slaves? Ask them if their own lives are better today in America than it would be had their ancestors stayed in Africa.

Queue the folks that will brand me a racist for this: I do not condone slavery. However, it has existed in some form for as long as man has been on Earth. Each race of people has been enslaved at some point by another or at least persecuted for their race. That being said, next time a black person starts ranting about needing reparations for slavery, ask them where their black ass would be had their ancestors NOT been brought to this country as slaves? Ask them if their own lives are better today in America than it would be had their ancestors stayed in Africa.
Well, thank you then for doing me the favor. :rolleyes:

Back