• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which upgrade to buy myself for Christmas...

Dog collars made in the USA... boo-yaa

I'd tell your Dad that you'll give him $300 if he divorces mommy and gets you a hot step-sister that likes to spawn.

YRMV

Hale

cal said:
The stock air filter has far far more flow than a 4.0 can *EVER* use.

The intake is already cold air ish.

The k&n lets in a ton of dust and grime that is really hard on your engine.

You can buy a lifetime of stock air filters for the cost. Or in this case, some rock rails or an aussie to go up front.

Rock rails first.
Agree. I just took out my K&N panel filter and can't even tell a difference. When I took it out, I looked at the throttle body's intake and it was pretty dirty. That could partly be because of an O2 sensor problem I had about a year ago (mental note: clean throttle body).

Get rock rails or take the suggestion to get a welder and do it yourself. I have a crappy H.F. flux-core welder that can do 3/16" with no problem. It only cost $125, and then I had the bro.-in-law (VW restorer) teach me to weld. The only bad part is I have to fiddle with the wire-feed mechanism once in a while.

rocknxj said:
So, the predominate theory is capability first, then performance, followed by make believe performance. Looks like I may be going for the rails first, then the front locker.

Does anyone feel their air intake system increases performance?

No.

Get the rails.

Haleyes said:
I'd tell your Dad that you'll give him $300 if he divorces mommy and gets you a hot step-sister that likes to spawn.

YRMV

Hale

Thats disgusting....

:D

95XJMichigan said:

I would agree. I've been very happy with my JCR stage 2 rails. I consider them the best and most utilized investment on my Jeep.....and I have straight doors and rockers to prove it. Go with the stage twos. Your door handles will thank you.

A close second would be a step sister though.:D

Hale

Back