• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which steering system? Currie vs. TeraFlex

BlueGerbil

NAXJA Forum User
After I realized that the D30 I run now is pretty worn out I´ve decided to build a new one (4.56, ARB locker, Crane cover yadda yadda) and also to take care of some other issues I had.

I´m sitting at about 7.5" of lift w/ a pretty heavy rig (bumpers, winch...). The rig is not a daily driver, but when we travel across europe it sees pretty much street miles - so it better drives like a daily driver. Running 35" BFG MTs btw.

I´d like to replace the stock steering, the binding and worn out Rusty track bar and the JKS QDs I´m ripping off when in full flex.

A Dana44 w/ high steer knuckles doesn´t fit the budget, period. I know that it would be the better choice, but the wallet says no (the axle housing would cost me about $1700,- and there are no junk yards like in the USA). I got another D30 for cheap and can reuse my 4.56 ratio and an ARB compressor is collecting dust for some years already.

The trackbar will be replaced w/ one from Currie, the JKS will be replaced w/ a Currie AntiRock system. But what about the steering?

After reading in this and other internet forums I´ve narrowed it down to the Currie CurrectLync HD steering and to the TeraFlex Highsteer System.

- I´ve already seen the Currie steering, it looks and feels pretty stout/stable. Is the TeraFlex system similar or is much weaker?

- Any problems with the TeraFlex system at 7.5" lift height?

- Any pros and cons for the two systems?

- After you´ve read all this, do you think I´ve forgotten something?

Thanks! :greensmok

Holy crap thats a nice rig man. Any good wheelin by you? Did you see that wheelin trip to England on Easter in my Super swamper post? If so are you goin.:thumbup:

Hey are those 33s? I think I am going to get a set of 33 SSRs this weekend from a guy in England. What backspacing, and gears are you running?
Sorry I am just asking ?s insted of giving help with your post.
Ok sorry I see your running 35" and I see your gearing.
Wanna get rid of your old stuff let me know.

Last edited:
Hey guys,not to steal this post but, do you have any parts stores or 4x4 shops around you. Im over here in grafenwohr and we dont have anything for parts. I just picked up a '90 xj and am looking to lift and all that other fun stuff. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Back