• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which locker

IMHO I would go OX. I would definitely not go electric with that size tires. It seems like it would have a high potential to wear out prematurely. The ARB is a great unit but simplicity wins out in my book so OX.
Been running 35's with my E-Lockers (Front and Rear) for a few years and haven't worn them out. perhaps you're thinking of the Auburn ECTED Psuedo-Locker.
I've never heard of anybody having an ox come apart on them. If the bolts are properly torqued and loctited I can't see them coming out.
Now you have. I ran on in my HP D30. I followed every step of the instructions to the letter and it still came apart. Melted two cables and was always having to adjust the damn cables. Huge mistake on my part and a very expensive lesson learned.

i had an ected in my D30 front end and it was ok but definitely not 100% when locked. it uses clutches of some kind & would allow slippage even when actuated.

on the other hand, the eaton elocker i had in my D44 rear end was money. it was 100% when engaged & i had no problems.

i bought the ected before eaton released a version for the D30. i would recommend the eaton to others & would do front & rear eatons if i did it over.

Back