• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which leaf

Ben H

NAXJA Forum User
My leaf springs actually settled to their published height, somthing I was anticipating not happening. It is sitting right at level. I am loading up heavy tonight for a trip. I need to put one more inch of lift in the rear so I wont be hitting my bumpstops the whole trip. My question is which spring in a stock spring pack will net me 1 more inch of lift. I ran a quick search but dont have anytime time to sort through the hundreds of repsponses looking for the right answer to what I need. I will throw whatever leafs on when I get home via advice from this thread. I am thinking of the 3rd spring from the top. I also have an old 2" aal, and a 3"aal on 2 old pair of packs I have. I really like it level, but I get wierd steering wander when I am loaded down, so I really want only 1" gain. Sounds like a stupid question, but "Im not sure". Thanks

Last edited:
In a stock jeep pack i would try the second leaf down, since the top leaf is the most pliable, the second and third leaf down keep the arch. The jeep leafs hardly have any arch so thats what i would try first.

I tried adding stock leafs to a lifted pack last year sometime, it didn't really go well. I gained only the thickness of the leaf in height, but it seemed like leaf was pulling down on my suspension, i bottomed out alot easier. Grab a 1" lift block locally and run that for the trip, or a longer shackle.

Do you think if I put in that 2" Add a leaf, it will actually net 2"?
If I get 2" more and I would be sitting at 7.5" of lift, which is just to much for how I am set up.

I've never used and add-a-leaf, but from what i have seen they work simular to a block .. so yes, i think it would give you the full 2".

Helped install a Rusty's 2" AAL after 2 months still sitting at 2.34"

Back