• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to research gun value?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Back in 85 i bought my first handgun, sold it a few years later. Last Xmas my son bought it back from my neighbor for my gift.

I know it's a relatively rare handgun but from what i understand there wasnt much collector value in it. It's a Kassnar PJK-9HP, one of the first 500 imported i believe. I have no interest in selling it but was wondering what it's value nowadays might be. IIRC i purchased it new for $380 in 85'.

Anyone here familiar with this and can give me a somewhat accurate est of value?

Also, the blueing has seen better days with some corrosion present. Any idea what it'd cost to have redone?

My bluebook lists no such animal. Kassnar section lists on a "grade1", Nylon66, Model122, Model522, Bantam single shot, Grade I Over/under, and GradeII side by side.

Sound like any of those?

Hey John, does you're blue book list a 1907 Husqvarna .380 auto?

~Alex

Hey John, does you're blue book list a 1907 Husqvarna .380 auto?

~Alex

Yep, it is listed as a browning manufactured by Husq. It is a copy of the Browning 1903FN Originally manufactured as a 9mm browning long, it was likely converted to the .380 flavor after it found its way to the states.

$625 in perfect condition $350-400 for a shooter. Minus 20% for being converted to .380acp

10-4.

FEG model P9M
Book says they were not imported til 1992 by K.B.I. Maybe you remember wrong, or could be a type-o in the book.
Mint is $450 Decent shooter is probably about $300

I dont believe mine is an "M" or modified version.

From what i'v researched KBI's owner is the the son of Kassnar Imports owner, which went under in 89. So it appears KBI also imported the FEG clone (which became the Charles Daly).

After checking with my wife it was 86 that we moved into our first home together and i bought this 9mm. Just for curiosity's sake i'm trying to determine if i have one of the first 500 imported.

Mine has some light pitting from forgetting it in my trunk for a few days back in the late 80's from a camping trip, i'd hate to refinish it and potentially decrease value. It's eventually gonna go to my son, but wondering if i should shoot it or forget about it till then.

Thanks for the apporoximate value John.. still worth about what i paid or less.

Yep, it is listed as a browning manufactured by Husq. It is a copy of the Browning 1903FN Originally manufactured as a 9mm browning long, it was likely converted to the .380 flavor after it found its way to the states.

$625 in perfect condition $350-400 for a shooter. Minus 20% for being converted to .380acp

Thanks for the info; I'd call it a shooter+ since its not quite a perfect. I picked it up about a year ago for $300, no import markings, numbers matching and doesn't even have import marks or "System Browning" on the slide. Its beautiful to shoot being a heavy and only 380 auto.

D1B7B4EB-26C8-494C-8AD3-2CE45C529538-840-000000CE0CB80E4A_zps11fda3cb.jpg

sorry for the minor derail...

~Alex

Back