• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount antenna?

Kejtar said:
Looking good... careful not to loose both the light and the antenna....
are you kidding me?
my mount is a 1/4" stock bent in a vice with annother piece of 1/4" stock rounded off and welded to it. It is mounted behind the light to the sheet metal with 2 bolts with a piece of 1/4" flat bar on the other side of the metal so it doesnt pull through.

id venture to say that it is so well over built that it is better attached than the stock tire carrier...
my friends and i joke that it is a hi-lift jack point

I know I am a little late on the topic, but I just installed my MK-204R and Firestik II on my XJ...

PA210421.JPG

PA210433.JPG

I had my cb antenna mounted on the rear drivers side with a firestick bracket , like a few here, I found that it gets caught on stuff regularly, so now its on an angled bracket on the ds front fender, (i re-formed the firestick bracket to fit there) if it gets caught there, I'll work out a better bracket that mounts on the roof top center, or the rear hatch.

jeeper821 said:
mounted mine on the rack, had it on the rear bumper, but it was no good!!
Picture003.jpg
Picture004.jpg

Hi, I bought your CO2 earlier. While waiting for that Paypal to go through, I was surfing around. One other project I had in mind was putting my CB Antenna up on my roof rack. I noticed yours is up on your rack. Can you tell me how you ran your wire. I don't like the idea of running it out the hatch, or outside a door. Just curious. Thanks!

Back