• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find a new bumper

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well after finding out AJ's Armor went out of business I was extremely bummed, I had planned on getting a bumper from him. I am looking for a prerunner bumper that can stand up to a lot of abuse (for the future) I found a few but all I found were in the $600 range, and AJs was a little under $400. I was wondering of any other places or people who can fab or sell some decent prerunners.

not a pre runner bumper but my ARB bullbar is unbreakable. i t-boned a tercel (his fault) and totalled his car completely on the passenger side, i mean literally sliced the door open and pushed in the door into the seat. the bullbar only had a few scratches and the tow bar loop on the bottom bent slightly

85Chief said:
I have found these on eBay

Not sure how well they hold up but I like the simple designs and the Add what you want option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=7946589611&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=7946613025&rd=1

Not sure if this is what you want or not but it's worth looking into.

85Chief

I tried to buy one of these bumpers from this guy, I ordered it on Dec 16th and I have talked to him twice, He has my money and I have no bumper, I'm trying to get my money back but he wont return my emails or phone calls.

IMHO I would steer clear.

Gary

Hey guys, Daniel here from Canada. I have ordered a bumper from Nate on December 9th and gotten it Jan 5. First of alll you have to keep in mind that he has to manufacture these bumpers, second ...it was holidays all the shipments, packages etc is late... as for the bumper, his bumpers take longer to get, but they kick ass, the welds on the one i got look amazing, its nice and clean, no sputter around welds etc. I got the bumper after a month of waiting but it kicks ass and was well worth it, my 0.02.
btw...if anyone interested in pics, pm me:) i just painted mine few hours ago:)

my only gripe is if you are going to run a business you need to have customer service. If he would just call me and let me know whats going on. He promised it would be shipped out 2 to 3 weeks after I called. I have yet to hear from him. I admit its a nice looking bumper, maybe he should sell them after they are made!!!

Just my .02

Gary

85Chief said:
I have found these on eBay

Not sure how well they hold up but I like the simple designs and the Add what you want option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=7946589611&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=7946613025&rd=1

Not sure if this is what you want or not but it's worth looking into.

85Chief
Holy "FEE HAPPY" Batman! Now that I'm no longer in the bumper biz (still gonna do rockrails though) I can speak my mind. My #1 pet peeve with people on Ebay is selling a product that doesn't actually exist or needs to be "built" or "ordered". If you don't have it on hand, don't sell on an auction site. *rant off*

To tell you the absolute truth, after seeing the nice fat FEES associated with just shipping out this bumper to you, I'd look elsewhere like Custom 4x4 or RigidCo. Both established businesses that will treat you right and sell you a quality product.

Nates4x4 is building top quality bumpers and maintains our price schedule accordingly. You will NOT find a higher quality product-to-cost ratio on the market today.

The fees associated with shipping only apply to powdercoated bumpers. This is to discourage powdercoating. We inform all customers who ask about powdercoating about these fees. The cost to powdercoat a bumper for me is $40. I charge $50, plus a $40 boxing fee (professoinally boxed), and a $40 handling fee for carting this bumper around town for finish and packaging. These are not unreasonable fees.

Also take a look at our other fees:
1997 and newer wrap-around bumper add $35
D-Ring brackets add $15
Receiver hitch add $15
Frame tie-in brackets add $35

Anyone who thinks these fees are unreasonable is out of their right mind. You cannot even buy D-Ring brackets online to weld on yourself for $15, let alone have me through-weld them for you.

The reason we are slow with shipping is that so many people are interested in our product that we are trying to accomodate as many as possible. We have enough work for three full time employees right now, but are actually staffed with one full time and one part-time (soon to be two part-time).

We are not conning anyone, we are delivering a product that exceeds the quality control of most offroad manufacturers today, while keeping it at fair market price.

Anyone who has a legit problem with Nates4x4 can take it up with me directly at (989)708-9482. I make every effort to accomodate my customers. While backorders are a fact of life I assure any prospective client of Nates4x4 that the outstanding quality of our workmanship is well worth the wait.

Thanks,
Nathan
Nates4x4

Also to Gary, I have kept in contact with you. I cannot email or call every customer every day, it's just not going to happen. I remember talking to you on the phone a few days ago as we discussed your bumper purchase. I am a professional welder/fabricator, not customer service representative. I'm not trying to slam you I just need to explain that I am doing the best I can to run my company, and our emphasis is on quality of the final product.

I will probably not be checking this board but anyone who needs to contact me has my info already - (989)708-9482.

Thanks,
Nathan

Well this is no place for a pissing match. When the bumper gets here, and if you did send it I would like a tracking number, I will let everyone know the quality of the bumper.

AJsArmor said:
Holy "FEE HAPPY" Batman! Now that I'm no longer in the bumper biz (still gonna do rockrails though) I can speak my mind. My #1 pet peeve with people on Ebay is selling a product that doesn't actually exist or needs to be "built" or "ordered". If you don't have it on hand, don't sell on an auction site. *rant off*

To tell you the absolute truth, after seeing the nice fat FEES associated with just shipping out this bumper to you, I'd look elsewhere like Custom 4x4 or RigidCo. Both established businesses that will treat you right and sell you a quality product.
2X
Also, another vote for Rigid. Nice stuff, good design, great people to work with.

Back