• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you mount your CO2 Bottle?

Hudson Bend said:
I rigged up a bracket where my spare had been. It's been over a year and no hassels at all. Please note, however, that CO2 is a liquid and must be stored in the upright position, never horizontal no matter what you have read above. My gas guy says the valves cannot handle direct contact with the liquid and it will damage the valve and find its way out. Do not pretend that a 10 or 20 pound tank is the same as those small units on paintball guns that are horizontal.

One story down here is about a welder with a large CO2 tank chained up in his garage. It fell over one day breaking off the valve. By the time the gas was gone, so was his garage as the tank flailed at the end of the chain destroying a cinderblock wall as well as the wood framed ones.

Um... wow... well that's just not possible..

CO2 changes phases from liquid to gas as it releases energy. This slows the pressure release rate so it's not going to fly around like a scuba tank under extreme pressure.

Also you can hold your CO2 tank upside down all day long and as long as you turn it upright to use it, it'll be just fine...

It needs to be used upright so the liquid stays at the bottom...

Lot's of crazy stories flyin' around. I'm sure more than exploding Co2 bottles.

I fabbed a small carrier and mounted 3/4 inch rubber pads on the side panel where the original spare tire went. Then I used two nylon straps to cinch it down. No rattles and plenty of hose to reach all tires.

Back