• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you go wheeling this weekend?

SC Rednek

NAXJA Forum User
SoCal doesn't have a thread for this yet (at least that I've seen) so I figure I'll start one. Just post up a couple pictures and description of the trails you found!

Last edited:
I was going to go to JV this weekend but my friends bailed, so I went down to the river instead.

Burro Wash Road, starts just below Boulder City and runs 14 miles down to the river. Would be passable by a stock jeep with care.
270452_597278716753_25205789_32882315_2491871_n.jpg

Last edited:
Last weekend, a group of four of us went across Wheeler pass, runs from Cold Creek to Pahrump. Very easy road, but it was nice getting up out of the summer heat at 7700 ft.
wheelerpass.jpg

Then dropped down into Death Valley to warm back up, went through Echo Canyon, which comes out in Amargosa. Generally easy trail but some nice rocks at the highest point right in the middle.
echocanyon.jpg

Last edited:
Went the same place as last weekend, Burro Wash. Stayed up fishing till 3 am then just crashed out on the roof of my jeep till morning and drove home. The only thing I caught was this little bat when he flew into my line.

P7030139.jpg

Tried to go to Monache meadows in the Dodge. Called thursday to make sure it was open, got there Saturday to find out someone screwed up the road on friday so it was now closed :(

Ended up in Kennedy meadows, had a great time.

i sat in the driver seat and imagined that i was up in big bear, and that the weather was a lot cooler! i did gold mountain in my garage!!! the good part about it, is that i didnt have to spend half the day driving up and down the hill!!!

wheeled only a small portion of 2N04 and Knickerbocker for the 4th of July

Back