• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can I get co2 air refill

signman2007

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get my co2 tank refilled in or around boulder. I know liqour mart off canyon will exchange tanks but i always have some left and would like to find a place that will fill them on the spot. Oh and by the way I built my tank with quick disconnects, hose, and regulator for about $120 and 4wheel parts wants $400 - $600 to do the same thing. My tank is a 5lb tank and I filled 4 jeeps up after the trail and still have some left.:jester:

where did you piece the parts together from?

I bought the bottle from a local welding shop(steel 5lb bottle)$65 and then ordered the regulator from Williams Ballons williams balloons & helium and go under carbon dioxide and it was the preset 150psi and that was $40 to my door and then went to the local hardware store and got all the fittings and 50ft of spring coil hose that was rated at 200psi for about $18. The refill exchange is $15 so I'm trying to find a place that fills and not exchange because I;m getting ready to buy a 10lb alum. tank and definatly don't want to exchange that one.
aroncull said:
where did you piece the parts together from?

Take it to a welding gas supplier. They probably won't be able to do it on the spot, though. A buddy used to take his power tank to one (I can't remember the name, though) and they would have to put the tank in thier freezer to liquify the co2 so that they could open it to refill it. He had to drop it off and come pick it up a few days later, but at least he kept his nice tank.

Back