• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are the RC cherokees?

88bluecrunched

NAXJA Forum User
How come i never see and RC cherokees or just anything cherokee that has to do with little cars? I see grand cherokees, wranglers (lots of wranglers), libertys, and all other jeeps but no cherokees. What is up with that? That is a bunch of crap that there are no cherokee toys atleast none that i have seen. I am into RC cars and I would really like to get a body for one of my cars. If you know where I can get one please let me know but as far as I know none exsist. Thanks for reading this and letting me vent my anger at toy manufactures that dont make cherokee things.

I think he's talking about the T-Maxx type rc's.

I've seen the little diecast XJ's.

Someone here on the board collects them if I remember correctly.

Since XJ cherokees are no longer made, and it hasn't been long enough for the toy manufacturers to consider it a "classic" (like I already do), it's gonna be tough to find one from a mainstream manufacturer.

I did see a nitro powered one at a local hobby shop a few years ago. was about 24" long, looked like an early 90's woody (real wood veneer). It looked like a custom built one though.

there are however plenty of H2's in the toy aisle if that floats your boat. :puke:

Dahms used to make a Comanche body years ago in Lexan for 10th scale applications. I missed out on one on ebay recently....it sold for over $50.

I wanted to use it on my tlt based crawler...

DSC_03731s.jpg

Matthew

I work in a hobby shop and this is the closest one I've been able to find
MyPicturesL0018.jpg

HPIM1644.jpg

HPIM1645.jpg

VMGFlexing2.jpg

It's the BRP Racing J Racing truck body for the 1/18 scale Losi Mini-T, but I've also got it on a Venom Mini Giant/ A-Tech Mini Monster, and have thought about putting one on a HPI Micro RS4 http://brpracing.com/561.html.

I'd love to see one for a 1/10 scale stadium truck though so I could chop it up for my Electric Stampedes
HPIM0790-1.jpg

HPIM11032.jpg

tetsulo said:
Dahms used to make a Comanche body years ago in Lexan for 10th scale applications. I missed out on one on ebay recently....it sold for over $50.

I bought one on Ebay several months ago, but I don't think I paid that much for it. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I have an old Blackfoot R/C truck that I bought over 14 years ago (I don't throw anything away!) that I think it would look cool on.

Lawn Cher' said:
I bought over 14 years ago (I don't throw anything away!)

No chit!

You sir, are just as bad as my wife. Only your stuff might actually come in useful. And yours is organized much better.

Dirk Pitt said:
No chit!

You sir, are just as bad as my wife. Only your stuff might actually come in useful. And yours is organized much better.

You should have seen me yesterday though, I threw out a rusty and mangled MJ rear bumper and a AR767 with the lug holes egged out to well over 1" diameter.

Lawn Cher' said:
You should have seen me yesterday though, I threw out a rusty and mangled MJ rear bumper and a AR767 with the lug holes egged out to well over 1" diameter.

Feels good doesn't it?

Lawn Cher' said:
I bought one on Ebay several months ago, but I don't think I paid that much for it. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I have an old Blackfoot R/C truck that I bought over 14 years ago (I don't throw anything away!) that I think it would look cool on.

Heh...I thought it was around that much or so. I dunno -- several months ago seems like an eternity to me. Congrats on getting it :)

If you still haven't used it in another 14 years give it to me ok?

Matthew

Back