• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling Safety Reminder

Jeepers help other Jeepers. :thumbup:

Baha, that’s pretty lame. I’ll help out any 4x4 that’s in trouble, any time. Unless, of course, it’s one of The Few down Azusa way, but that’s a whole other story. :D

Pucker should be closed and forgotten. There have been way, way too many close calls and actual emergencies on that blasted hill.

Kudos for helping, but panic mode or not, those guys were jerks. I know the mentality, though; I’d have likely stayed around to at least watch the fun, too.

Ugh, the few, those guys...

Couple years back one of em rolled at TDS, at least 30 empty beer cans flew out the drivers window, the driver could barely walk (not due to injury, but impairment)

Kinda funny to see them at quarterly AAT, but I digress...

Baha, that’s pretty lame. I’ll help out any 4x4 that’s in trouble, any time. Unless, of course, it’s one of The Few down Azusa way, but that’s a whole other story. :D

I guess you have never wheeled with the Land Rover guys then....

I guess you have never wheeled with the Land Rover guys then....

Oh. That reminds of this one time up in Big Bear and a Land Rover guy blew a radiator hose. I asked if they needed any tools because they were trying to use their hands to tighten or loosed something. They acted like I wasn't even there.

Maybe I should stop being so nice.. :shhh:

E

Oh. That reminds of this one time up in Big Bear and a Land Rover guy blew a radiator hose. I asked if they needed any tools because they were trying to use their hands to tighten or loosed something. They acted like I wasn't even there.

Maybe I should stop being so nice.. :shhh:

E

My point exactly. Wait until Skwerley meets that bunch. He'll be treating them like the ice cream man by the end of the day. :doh:

Was this part of the same group that we towed off the trail when the one killed his engine, then blew his battery trying to winch over a boulder on John Bull in 09? The guy we towed seemed thankful. His buddies just kinda abandoned him to the group of Cherokees they had never met before...

That could have been the same group. The trail and time seems about right.

When I passed them, they didn't want or "need" any help. Maybe by the time you passed by, he came to his senses. I didn't know that an XJ'er ended up towing him out.

E

I forget who it was, but it was a silver one on 35s I think. He was wedged pretty firmly into that rock and not going anywhere when we got there. Johnny drove down and talked to them to see what was up.

Thanks for following up on this.

I love Cleghorn. But I would rather just wheel the legal/open sections.

It's a bummer that numb-nuts disregard the law and mess it up for the rest of us.

Elias

yea that really sucks. it bothers me as a mountain biker when bikers do it, and it bothers me even more as an off roader as the trucks do a lot more damage.

Back