• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling for Toys at Kansas Rocks Dec 13th.

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
The Brush Beaters Jeep Club will host their annual Wheeling 4 Toys Event at Kansas Rocks Recreational Park located just a few miles NW of Ft. Scott, KS on Saturday, December 13th.

The purpose of the event is to help collect toys for less fortunate kids in the Bourbon County area for Christmas. The Brush Beaters Jeep Club hooks up with the local Rotary Club each year to host this event and in the past there have been over 130+ rigs in attendance.

Prizes this year include:
Winch - Warn or Mile Marker
4 Brand new Pit Bull tires - certificate for your choice of tire and size
Jeep Cargo Net
Tow straps
Hi-Lift Jack
Certificates to the KRRP park
Certificates and donated items from 4 State 4 Wheel Drive, Expert Offroad, and 4x4 Land.
And much much more...

Price:
Only $5 (per rig not person) plus a toy donation valued at $5 or more (toy must be new and unwrapped) You may bring more than one toy as well, afterall that is the purpose of the event.

Guided trails are available through pre-register only, otherwise you may wheel on your own. We do ask that if you wheel on your own to follow trail safety and have at least 2 rigs in your group.

Event t-shirts and meals are also avaible if you pre-register and order by November 21st.

For more info, to pre-register, or find out more about our club or forum discussion of the event, please visit our club website at www.Brushbeaters.com

I really hope to see some of you guys there. It's a really good event for a good cause. I have been for the last 4 years and have had a blast everytime. As you can see from the sponsor list we have a huge raffle lined up. Our sponsors have really taken care of us this year. I'll be one of the trail guides for the light mild group so if you go look me up. Hopefully we can get good weather this year. Thanks for looking.

Parakeet

Yea this is open to anyone and yea it is a good time. I'm in olathe not to far from you if you want to caravan down there just let me know. Brushbeaters.com for all the pre registration details. If you pre register before the 21st of Nov, you can order a shirt extra raffle tickets meal tickets etc. Last year it was really really crappy weather and we still had over 100 rigs. Heck get ahold of me next time you go to K&M and I may have to meet you there.:party:

Parakeet

I wish that I was going to be in town, but we will be on Colorado that weekend...drats!!!

Yea this is open to anyone and yea it is a good time. I'm in olathe not to far from you if you want to caravan down there just let me know. Brushbeaters.com for all the pre registration details. If you pre register before the 21st of Nov, you can order a shirt extra raffle tickets meal tickets etc. Last year it was really really crappy weather and we still had over 100 rigs. Heck get ahold of me next time you go to K&M and I may have to meet you there.:party:

Parakeet

Oh I can always do some K&M BBQ :)

John

Just wanted to let you guys know that pre registration is going to close on the 21st (this Friday). You can still show up day of but you won't be able to get the bbq lunch, or t shirts. It's going to be a good time, hope to see some of you there. Look for a red 2dr on 33" pit bulls if you come out there.

Parakeet

Thinking about making the drive down there. Not sure yet.

You should come down riechy. Grab everybody and come down. Just at this point, bring a lunch since pre registration is closed. Hope to see you there.

Parakeet

No "door prizes" but you can buy all the raffle tickets you want. :laugh3: There are some really nice items involved. Without pre registering you loose the bbq lunch, shirt, guided trail rides, and 2 free raffle tickets. I'll be a guide for the 31's so nothing too challenging. But I can't wait. There are really nice rigs that come down.

Parakeet

So what do we do as far as trails since we didnt prereg? I have never been to KS Rocks so wouldnt have a clue what to do.

You can still run the trails. We have over 65 trails and such. We have a new revamped rock pile/ obsticale course in the front. Our trails go from green(easy), blue(moderate), and blacks (difficult). Greens I had no problem running my stock KJ around on. Blues I had to lift my KJ to safely tackle those and blacks usually were out of the KJ's sites. Now if it rains or snows greens can become blues or sometimes blacks. We have maps there for the people that don't have a guide. If you have never been there you should go.

Parakeet

Two weeks till Wheeling for Toys. Hopefully this snow and rain is done untill after the event. My XJ ended up with 2 used axles and a 1 ton otk steering by the event.

Parakeet

Im going to try and make it down there. Need to fix my steering and finish up the cage.

Hope to see you there. Look for a Red 2dr on 33"s big brushbeaters banner on the windshield. I think we meet at the M&G at Red Robin last spring. I think my XJ was a twin to yours before it had lypo and lift job.:rof:

Parakeet

Only a few days left who's going to be there? We had the pre run last sat and the park looks good. it was mostly dry with a few deep mud pits. See mud halfway up the rear interior panel. We had some snow this week so it will probally be a little soupier but they are calling for 50* on Sat. Should be a good weekend and good turnout. Look me up if you come down.

Parakeet

Just to let anybody that is going to make it I have to be there early since I'm a trailguide. I'll be at the Micky D's in Louisburg at 6am and heading to the park from there. Hope to see some of you down there.

Parakeet

You guys missed a good time. A little bit of mud, lots of rocky hill climbs, a huge raffle, lots of good friends, and most of all a trailer full of toys to the less fortionate. I'll gets some pics up tonight or tommorow.

Parakeet

Back