• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your favorite leaf springs?

Whats wrong with SJ?
What would you suggest I replace my setup with?

depends on how much lift you want. Like mentioned the big offroad springs are great or RE 3.5 or 4.5 all with longer shackles.

RE 4.5" with 1.5" lift shackle
flex2.jpg

every pic on this thread has shitty flex, are there any good flex packs out there

Wow you must have a monster truck or some other linked suspension. I get 14" of travel out of my leafs, if thats shitty to you, you have the wrong vehicle. Go get a ranger or spend all your $$$$$ on something custom built. I dont know about you but most XJ guys would be pretty happy with a set of Deavers and being able to use 14" travel shocks to their potential.

6.5" rustys with an overload spring from a chevy 1 ton under the rustys pack. Love the set up. Id change the leaf spring co but I love the 1 ton leaf slid right under the full leaf pack. It doesnt effect it untill just before it bottoms out, then it catches it and stiffens it up... its better than bump stops.
6.jpg

Well... you're going to get a lot of not so great rear flex shots, because the nature of having coils up front, the XJ is just going to want to lean that way...

Here's my dad's YJ, which has leafs front and rear... RE leafs... They seem to flex REALLY well... Just food for thought.

r7ke1t.jpg

longarm_06.jpg

Not too bad for a 6.5 springpack!

I was being sarcastic because I wasted money on the damn things myself!! They flex but not nearly as good as hoped!! I did get a good laugh at how some of yall got spun though!! :laugh: Hey, I still have my MJ bastards in the shop!!

Last edited:
Back