• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your fav. tire?

WTF they are not a mud tire at all they are Maximum Traction/Reinforced(as in sidewall):gee:, forget mud that is not what they are for nor were designed for.

Whoa sorry to offend you my bad. All I know is I ran a 37 on my yota and after I get my 44 an 9 inch in(taking forever!) the ones in my backyard are goin on:) and aren't the michelins a huge ass tire?

My favorite is the Dayton Timberline MT which is the same as the Firestone MT. Three ply sidewall, a medium compound, very aggressive tread blocks that do great in rocks and fairly well in mud. Low cost tire which is a big plus. No siping so they are a terrible snow or ice tire. I have also run the BFG KM2 but the sidewalls cut too easily in rocks and I went through two of them in just a couple of outings.

John

i have ran

dick cepek FC-II's in 31 and 33" - great on road, and wear. 30K+ with more than half tread. in snow they were ok, mud was filled quick, rocks was good.

general grabber at2's. same as the BFG AT's in tread. havent wheeled enough to give good advice. went to badlands, did good in sand, rock was decent (for the smaller rocks i did), mud-well its not a MT, and so far in WI snow they seem good. they are extreme weather rated.

im all about the KM2's...will probably get those if i move up from a 35
im runnin BIG O X/T's...load range c's 18/32nds new and free replacement if i F em up...not to mention cheaper...can beat the free replacement tho!
i love em...i drive daily and wheel almost every weekend...i have yet to be let down...
just depends on where you drive how much and kinda terrain

3rd set of KM2's and can't complain...

3rd set already?! do they wear that fast or have you switched sizes multiple times? the KM2's havent even been out that long

I love my KL71's, they work awesome in every terrain I've put them on including the street (dry/wet/snow), mud, dirt, and rocks. My friends were amazed at how well they flexed at 12 psi on the rocks. Tread is a very soft compound, great for gripping.

That being said, I'd like to step up to 33's soon and not sure if I should get another set of these or try the KM2's or Maxxis Bighorn.

Back