• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats up with all the no starts?

Pogiboy

NAXJA Forum User
And yes I searched. But there aren't any threads that I can find to match this problem, so burn me if you will! :laugh3: Posting this up for a friend with a 00 4x4 xj. Last week it wasnt starting completely or holding an idle, had to keep the foot on the gas to keep in sitting in idle, and to start it. Then it drove fine for a week until today. Now it wont start at all. Does its best to start, turns over and all, but no go. No check engine lights come on or anything out of the norm. I havent had a chance to look at it personally so I cant tell you much more then this. Thanks guys.

Pogiboy said:
And yes I searched. But there aren't any threads that I can find to match this problem, so burn me if you will! :laugh3: Posting this up for a friend with a 00 4x4 xj. Last week it wasnt starting completely or holding an idle, had to keep the foot on the gas to keep in sitting in idle, and to start it. Then it drove fine for a week until today. Now it wont start at all. Does its best to start, turns over and all, but no go. No check engine lights come on or anything out of the norm. I havent had a chance to look at it personally so I cant tell you much more then this. Thanks guys.

That sounds alot like every bad CPS post i have read in the past six months?

How cold is it? I doubt this is your problem in Teas, but a number of more northern owners (myself included) have noticed that the Jeep simply will not start after getting seriously cold overnight. It's been anywhere from 0* to -10* or so in this area every night for the past several days, with highs in the single digits. My XJ would turn over and think about firing, but never did although I noticed it smelled like it was flooded.

I let it sit in the sun today at 15* or so and it fired up beautifully.

Then again, yours also sounds like a CPS issue.

Jim

stuck IAC perhaps? I only mention that since he had to use the gass pedal to keep it running at idle. Perhaps it's stuck closed.

its been about 15 over night here, artic front blew in. But it doesnt explain what happend last week when it was 90. And I have thought of the CPS thing, but I hate to think thats the cause. Just out of stupidness, what is IAC?

Pogiboy said:
its been about 15 over night here, artic front blew in. But it doesnt explain what happend last week when it was 90. And I have thought of the CPS thing, but I hate to think thats the cause. Just out of stupidness, what is IAC?

Idle
Air
Control

oh ok, could be that. We will see. It started yesteray but had a rough time of it. My first thought is fuel filter or dirty injectors. Hopefully its something that simple.

Pogiboy said:

There's a TSB on '99-'01 Jeep 4.0 models about the fuel pump module and this may be the cause of your starting troubles. Check this out:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/tsb_list.htm#1400201

Back