• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's this blue hose coming out the top of my front dif?!?!?

GrimmJeeper said:
im tired of assholes like you walking in the door assuming i dont know WTF im doing. if you want that shit go to autozone. you piss me off.

if you want a parts guy who knows WTF they are doing ask me. dont reply to my posts saying "fking parts guys :rolleyes:" that shit SERIOUSLY pisses me off. i work hard to be good at my job. i dont appreciate asshats walking in assuming they know everything. if you knew everything you wouldnt need me, would you?

AND THAT is why Grimm is one of the BLACKSHEEP :worship:

But I do agree with Mike. How about a "Nice ARB Curt". There is always something someone doesn't like......does it NEED to be said......NO. :gag:

GrimmJeeper said:
im tired of assholes like you walking in the door assuming i dont know WTF im doing. if you want that shit go to autozone. you piss me off.

if you want a parts guy who knows WTF they are doing ask me. dont reply to my posts saying "fking parts guys :rolleyes:" that shit SERIOUSLY pisses me off. i work hard to be good at my job. i dont appreciate asshats walking in assuming they know everything. if you knew everything you wouldnt need me, would you?

Arggh... Ok, there were smileys on that. I know you're good at your job. I wouldn't have been asking you about what's what in Napa's catalog if I didn't think you had a clue. For every one of you, how many guys are there that suck at it? I apologize if I offended you. I figured you could take a little ribbing since you're flipping me off in every post you make. :)

Back on topic. Curt, nice setup, but man if you paid them to install it, they should've done a nicer job routing the wires. Everytime I see that pic, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking he paid some shop for the install and they gave it back to him with wires wrapping around the console instead of under it. If this was pre-arranged, and you're planning on doing something with them, cool, if not, I'd be back talking to them about it. In the back of my mind I'd be thinking, if they cut corners there, where else did they cut them?

You're going to enjoy the front locker, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

mattyj said:
I have detroit rear too, but i thought we were talking front ends. Anyways.......

:looney:

Well, with that said, I haven't had my lockright fail to lockup either. :) If I go selectable it'll be an ARB... Like I said I'll be wishing for one in Moab.

Come on boys relax!!
Yes the wiring was pre-arranged.
I wanted to put the switches were I wanted them not where the shop decided on their own to put them.
I asked them to just run the wiring to the console and that's what I got.
I'm planning on a metal plate in that location and decided on a cheap plastic project box for the time being.
I am the one that took the easy route for now.
But you know what.....it works when I flip the switch.
And I apologize for the dust.
I broke 2 major rules at the Jeepspeed race...
1. Always park upwind from the course.
2. Always roll your windows up.
I don't mind the criticism. The other 2 green switches are where the rear will go when I get that. On the aluminum plate of with the wires hidden of course!!
Now go to sleep boys....everyone is up late and is tired and cranky!!!!!!!!!

BajaCurt said:
Come on boys relax!!
I wanted to put the switches were I wanted them not where the shop decided on their own to put them.
I'm planning on a metal plate in that location and decided on a cheap plastic project box for the time being.
I don't mind the criticism. The other 2 green switches are where the rear will go when I get that. On the aluminum plate of with the wires hidden of course!!

Cool, I was wondering about that. I'm thinking about an aluminum plate there to mount winch controls. Haven't taken the console apart, but is that cup molded into the console, or does it come out?

BajaCurt said:
Come on boys relax!!

Nice setup curt, you will fully enjoy the selectability of the ARB. Yes the wiring looked a little haokey but I have no opinions on that as there was prob a reason for it. Once you fab up your plate that switch console will look sweet.

As far as that little change holder it is fused in electrostatically on the back side and you need to cut it out. MarkW quit being an asshat and quit flaming shops for what they did or did not do without just cause.

Now just go give someone rights to veiw a locked file...:doh:

Grimmy, I need to ask you a question about my Tahoe, we can chat backboor.

Leep

Leep said:
Nice setup curt, you will fully enjoy the selectability of the ARB. Yes the wiring looked a little haokey but I have no opinions on that as there was prob a reason for it. Once you fab up your plate that switch console will look sweet.

As far as that little change holder it is fused in electrostatically on the back side and you need to cut it out. MarkW quit being an asshat and quit flaming shops for what they did or did not do without just cause.

Now just go give someone rights to veiw a locked file...:doh:

Grimmy, I need to ask you a question about my Tahoe, we can chat backboor.

Leep

Cool, the holder should break off cleanly. I'll probably take a pattern into class Friday and whittle a filler out of aluminum and make some clamps to grip the edges. I figured the wiring was routed for a purpose, but after looking at a crappy welded lunchbox on another thread, it makes you wonder about some shops. :)

Back