• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the highest miles you've seen on...anything?

98JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought this would be interseting. I was going to limit this to passenger vehicles, but then I thought that some of you guys probably have (or know of) things like over-the-road semis, machinery, farm tractors, etc with high miles/hours on them.

Here goes...

Passenger vehicle: 99 or 00 Ford E250, 5.4L, with 512K miles

OTR Semi: 95 Kenworth W900, Detroit Series 60, with 1,288,000ish miles

Farm tractor(well a small one): 1993 John Deere 955, 3-cyl diesel hydrostatic drive, 3,286 hours.

I'll have stories for these later, as something just came up and I gotta run...

A 88 Ford Ranger with 450,000 wehn the odo stopped working.
My old 93 Plymouth Voyager had 260,00 on it. Still ran great never done anything major but a trany @ 180k. Traded it in on the XJ in 03.
My towmoter @ work had a bit over 4100 hours on it the last day I worked. I believe it's a 02 maby 03.
A Chevy 1/2 ton van with over 555,000 not shure of the year early, nintys.

Saw an old 60's mercedes with over a million in a dealership. It was travelling around dealerships to exemplify their quality and longevity...

I think I got about everyone beat for passenger cars. In 2004 I saw a mid 80s VW Cabriolet convertible with around 640000 miles on the clock, 638K IIRC. Some crazy British guy I ran into had it and was trying to sell it to me. He wanted some outrageous price ($5000 I think) because the motor was just rebuilt but the rest of the car, inside and out was completely, totally trashed.

I had 682,000 when I sold my 82 S10 to a local kid who drove it for another year or two.. I drove it for 12 years.

Bought an '81 GL1100 GoldWing with 68K miles on it, put another almost 400,000 on it, sold it and the dude who bought is still riding it 4 years later.

Sarge

When I had my old Bug, and went to get it restored ('way back when,) I took it to a German mech outside of town (Walter Anwander.)

I saw an old Mercedes in his lot with TWO "Million Mile Plaques" on the dashboard - so I asked.

Used to be, you could get a "Million Mile Plaque" if the vehicle had operated for one million miles (not necessarily the same owner) if you could prove that it had done so with NO major work - merely maintenance and minor repairs.

What was "minor repairs?" Suspension wear items (joints and bushings,) minor engine gaskets (mainly the oil sump and valve cover, front and rear main seals, and minor seals) and chassis wear items like weatherstripping, and maybe broken windows. No accidents, and no overhauls.

I wonder if those can still be had?

5-90

My ranger has 328,000 and I though that was alot haha. Still factory engine and transmisson nether rebuilt nor seals replaced. Still runs fine. BUt you guys got me way beat.

Chris

A good friend's dad has a bone stock 88 5.0 Mustang with 370k ish. Runs like a top. I work with a guy that has a mid 90's F350 with over 600k on the Powerstroke.

386,749 1970 VW Beetle - Still running strong when I sold it almost 4 years ago.

Mom had an 86 S10 with the 2.8 V6 with 350K when we sold it, the guy put another 100K on it and finally junked it cause the body was crap. And for some reason the rear brakes died every couple of months. When we sold it, the bed was barely hanging on by two remaining fasteners. The tailgate was gone, the bedsides were so wobbly that we tied em together with cable and put up a gator net, the cable snapped and the gator net tore down the middle. When she tried to trade it in on our 94 Tracker, the dealer was only willing to give us $100.

My Kenworth W900L has 1,900,000 miles on it.
3459%3A58%3B9%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3C8%3A%3D324%3DXROQDF%3E23236788%3B3958ot1lsi

Last edited:
Halley's comet.
A million-billion-gajillion miles and going...
at about mach-200.

images

and YES, I checked the odometer.:thumbup:

Back