• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the difference between a 89 and a 91 jeep cherokee

Muphry's Law strikes again!

ya i saw that but their site says
If your year, make & model is not listed below, do NOT order. It will NOT fit “other” 4.0L Jeep applications.

1991-1999 Jeep Cherokee
1991-1999 Jeep Wrangler
1991-1999 Jeep Wagoneer
1991-1992 Jeep Comanche
1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

and mine is a 89. other than the egr is there any thing else diff between the 2 years

ya i saw that but their site says

and mine is a 89. other than the egr is there any thing else diff between the 2 years

The only difference is the elimination of the EGR system in 91+, so none of the 91+ headers come with an EGR bung, as discussed earlier in this thread.

As discussed earlier, adding a bung is no problem. Minor chance that the downpipe might not align correctly with the header. Adding a short piece of stainless steel flex pipe in the downpipe before the CAT takes care of any alignment issue AND reduces stresses on the header.

Example: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=FLEXPIPE-250x8

Back