• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats my gas mileage?

I have a bright idea u could fill the tank, take note of the mileage on the odometer, then next time u fill up take the difference in the new mileage from the one u had noted and divide that by the gallons it took to fill your tank again.

ricot83 said:
I have a bright idea u could fill the tank, take note of the mileage on the odometer, then next time u fill up take the difference in the new mileage from the one u had noted and divide that by the gallons it took to fill your tank again.
That's only accurate if your speedometer gear has been corrected to match the tires and gears. Otherwise, you could end up with the fantastical 30mpg+ claim made recently by some SPOBI-head...

lmao ya i thought about that after the fact, i changed my speedo gear so i knew it was right... good point my gas mileage was about 16mpg combined city and highway.

I get about 3 miles a gallon on my 01 XJ. Works out to about 3 to 4 wheeling trips to a tank.

ricot83 said:
lmao ya i thought about that after the fact, i changed my speedo gear so i knew it was right... good point my gas mileage was about 16mpg combined city and highway.

Was this before or after the lift?

I'm in fairly similar circumstances to yourself, and average anywhere from 13 to 15mpg on stock gearing with 31" tyres and 3.5" lift. Running stock it had been more like 16-17mpg in mostly city driving, with low- to mid-20s possible on all-freeway runs.

Back