• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats exhaust sounds the best on 4.0 XJs?

Yeah, I saw those, and the vids on Spintech's site, but they're all V8s- looking for an actual I6 clip. The others I found on youtube were either grands, or not cherokees of any sort.

drone in the cab is probably caused by you dumping it right after the muffler under the jeep..

i have a flowmaster 40 and i like it- im debating getting a magnaflow.

Right... This I already knew.

I have a delta flow 40 series on mine... I can't hear it in the cab over my ZJ HD Clutch fan, but it has a great burble at idle and sounds very good from outside.

I have the FM 40 and sorta wish I did the super 44. I do like what I have... But, I will say this. I had heard folks say that mufflers sorta have a break inperiod. I didnt think much of the idea, but I believe this to be true now. Mine was more tame at first and the sound is much more "full" now.

FM40... hate it... irritating drone at 15-1750 RPM just plain noisy and doesn't "master" "flow" worth a damn.

Stock. No wait, FM 40, or maybe it's the umm....Cherry Bomb, or straight piped. Maybe even swirly piped..;)
What sounds best is highly subjective and exhaust mods have been covered repeatedly on NAXJA, do a little searching for people have done. I've seen people with side exits, duals, 3" single, 2.25" single, Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow, headers, no headers, no muffler, Cherry Bomb, there was even someone a while back running a Supertrapp tunable muffler.
In the meantime, google exhaustsoundclips.com. I'm not sure if I got the url right or if it's still in existence but it used to be a fairly large site where you can hear multiple exhaust configs uploaded by users.

mmmm...swirly piped...

Twister FTW...

http://www.flopro.com/Twister.htm

thats what i'm running....cheap too.

FM 40 series!!!!! i wanna try the super 44 even deeper

I have the 44 and love it. Absolutely love it. Really makes it sound like a V8.

And it's diamond plated. I've bashed it a few times on the rocks and you can barely even notice it. Very sturdy.
sspx0851.jpg

sspx0860.jpg

which spintech sounds good on the XJ?
The "Sport Truck SUV" Muffler. Its the 5331 I have the 2.5" in, 2.5" out center with a turn down after the muffler. Also I run 2.25" to the Magnaflow High Flow Cat then 2.5" from the cat to the Spintech.

Last edited:
Back