• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year is this XJ?

Charter a helicopter and air lift it :D

Hoho! It was stripped for badging, so no HO badge. Stupid me didn't even thing of the windshield VIN with the car being covered in snow. Will go back and check that for sure.

Oh, and it was more of a Lo-Country than anything else. :)

Now, hmmm... how to get a car without a steering column home?

Flatbed or tow dolly.

While you're getting the VIN, write it down for your local Law Enforcement types - you don't want to get sent up for "receiving stolen goods," however you came across them. That would at least cover your own end.

Question - if you can't get the hood open, how do you know it's a #7120 head?

he never said that...he was hoping that it had the 7120 head...

Oh. Duh. So he did...

Then he's definitely going to need the VIN to nail it down - but the Power/Comfort switch means it's 1991 at the latest (assuming it's a 4.0L, that means 1:5 it's got the 7120 head. 4:5 it's got the #2686.)

The odds are definitively against me!

On a sidenote; would this 242 have a 21 or 23 spline input you think?

Oh. Duh. So he did...

Then he's definitely going to need the VIN to nail it down - but the Power/Comfort switch means it's 1991 at the latest (assuming it's a 4.0L, that means 1:5 it's got the 7120 head. 4:5 it's got the #2686.)

In 91, the 2.5l used the TF999 automatic, so if you have the AW4, you're good to go with the HO 4.0

If you can look from under the front driver's side, you can tell by the exhaust manifold whether it's a HO or not. If the O2 sensor is on the manifold it is not a HO. The HO's have it on the down pipe below the manifold. If it's an HO you have a '91 as this is the last year for the power/comfort switch.
Let us know and greeting's from America.:wave1:

Update:

The car is definitively stolen. All VIN tags are pried/cut off. Fawk!

Some ass-clowns decided to mangle the front facia, windshield, hood and fenders. Double fawk!

The same idiots decided to steal random bits and parts from all over the place. Triple fawk!

It's an HO for sure, tho. Yay? What to do? It kills me seeing what used to be a perfectly nice XJ (nicer than mine..) being torn apart by vandals.

The power/comfort was definitely not available in 92 from the research I've done, so my money is on '91.... :D

EDIT: But the 91 DID have the C.A.D. D30, so ??? (it's a swapped axle?)

Go with the VIN... If the 10th digit is a 1 it's a 91, if it's a 2 it's a 92... period
No the 242 transfercase vehicles came with a non disco D30.

Back