• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you do? XJ ZJ parts swap

Lkwelch

NAXJA Forum User
I just came across a near free 98ZJ 4x4

I have an 89 XJ AW4 242 D30/D35, 3.5inch lift SYE. Keeping it

Would it be to my advantage to swap parts off of the ZJ, I know the rear axle wouldn't fit without modifying.

Or should I leave the ZJ alone? And as they sit both run fine.

If it were me I'd be swaping rear axles so you can have coils in the rear just a very involved swap.

you serious?
all that work to have a d35 with disk brakes or maybe a 44a and probably have to re gear it.

It all depends on what axle/tire combo you're running. I'd love to do it just to say that I did it. Wether it's beneficial or not

Grands never had a rear axle worth swapping and if you do a rear coil convertion you want a double triangulated 4 link not the regular 4 link with a Tb like the Grands have

Seats and tie rod are about all I'd grab from it

There's nothing worth swapping really, clean up and sell it to buy some parts for your xj that would be more beneficial to you.

I'm just joking lol. But if it's running and driving then sell that, that = money and money= more jeep parts. If it was broke down and a v8 then I would be taking all the sterling components, rear disk break conversion on the xj take the front and back seats

I was just in the same boat as you not long ago. I have a 89xj and acquired a 98zj. There is not much that swaps over. The zj I have did have the d30 with 760 u joints, that's about all I took.

Back