• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would you do? new XJ build

im leaning towards option 2 also.

what do you guys think about drop brackets with the 4.5 RE lift? is the ride bad enough from the LCA angles to need the Drop Brackets and Braces?

woodkrawler said:
i ended up selling the 92 for 4750.00 -- i figure i basically broke even on it.

Thats a damn good price....I woulda bought it for that but your for sale section ad said no longer for sale! o well.....

option 3

platinum5.9 said:
Thats a damn good price....I woulda bought it for that but your for sale section ad said no longer for sale! o well.....

i ended up not relisting it i had a guy from the first listing here locally that wanted it badly so and he had cash in hand so i let it go to him to avoid the trouble of relisting it.

I went #2 and its been greta for 25k miles as a DD. ran anything from 31 to 35s.

woodkrawler said:
how about 35s RE 5.5 XDuty ..... sounds good to me!! can i borrow some $$$ and ill go that route..

How about 35s and the 4.5", its gonna be 5"+ and with trimmed fenders 35s look and work great.

bigger tires let you go over bigger stuff, I have never and will never go wheeling with anything less than a 33" tire. Try getting onto a trailer with 31's, now try to do it with 33's. its very difficult with 31's, pretty easy with 33's. the same applies for trail obstacles.

UPDATE:

Ordered the RE4.5" SF lift with Monotubes and a HD SYE.

Now I've got to order some wheels/tires, bumper, rails.

Im thinking either Eagle 186 15x8s or Black Steelies 15x8
For Tires im going to go with 33x12.5 Maxxis Bighorns

Hopefully a RockLizardFab, monitor lizard ft. bumper and JCR stage 2 rails

woodkrawler said:
UPDATE:

Ordered the RE4.5" SF lift with Monotubes and a HD SYE.

Now I've got to order some wheels/tires, bumper, rails.

Im thinking either Eagle 186 15x8s or Black Steelies 15x8
For Tires im going to go with 33x12.5 Maxxis Bighorns

Hopefully a RockLizardFab, monitor lizard ft. bumper and JCR stage 2 rails

That's the lift and shocks I went with, and added the drop brackets as well. I wish I would have ordered shorter rear shocks though so I could relocate the lower mounts.

For wheels, I like the Cragars from Summit for $36 each.

Back