• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trails do you want to run?

I'm happy to run just about anything, but can you zonies do something about the damn dusty roads heading out to and from the trails :D

FYI....if you run Bad Medicine, be prepared for this.....

073.jpg

It's a bitch!

BM can get ugly,

This was a busted Atlas output shaft, took three winches and a high lift to get it un stuck. Its not something you can just winch up if you get stuck.
2007_04294-29-2007Florence0052.jpg

Same group one of the guy's beadlocks lost a bead trying to get through, pulled the bead out of the beadlock side!!

t_2007_04294_29_2007florence03_184.jpeg

A comp buggy broke a 9in ring and pinnion.
A toyota buggie severly bent a main leaf.
I think only three of us got up it then we went back down to drag out the carnage.

Last Time I ran it my buddie broke his d300 output yoke. I riped a brake line and a 35 spline alloy d60 shaft.

I thought that trail was too much for me before I saw the pics. Now I KNOW it's too much! Do you think my stock D35 could handle it :D ?

Some suggestions
Hard trail list 1:
WW, AA, X, OD

Hard trail list 2:
LW, UW, H2H, UA

list 1 is harder then list 2.
Id recommend no more then 8 rigs for list 2 and no more then 6 for list 1.
If we have more we would need to be choosie on which trails to skip.

With the camp sight location specified those trail orders I had in mind would not be ideal.
The AA exit road to WW then back to camp at Box canyon is a LONG drive, Might need to drop WW off the list.
Hard trail list 1:
OD, X, AA

Hard trail list 2: (LW is a long ASS drive from camp at BOX canyon the trails continue North east further from camp. UA ends very far from camp, Most of the day would be on the dirt roads getting to and from camp. Might be only able to do two of the 4 due to Time)
UW, H2H

You're right, the trails are a long ways from camp, and that is something the BOD agonized about prior to selecting the current site. The alternative was to camp on ASTL in violation of the ASTL rules and regs and that was not an acceptable alternative.

Martinez Canyon (the loop beyond the cabin) is one of my favorite ones there. It's a fairly short run.

Hey guys, howdy!

Noob here, just joined this forum and thinking of joining in the fun, however I would like to understand whether or not most everyone who is going will be doing the harder stuff, or if there is a group of guys who will be doing some of the easy stuff as well.

My XJ is my daily driver, wanna have some fun without breaking anything and denting it up.

Also, I have a buddy with a new Wrangler, is this outing limited to XJs only?

Thanks in advance!

Well the majority will be XJ's, but as longest he is a cool guy anybody is welcomed. We are going to offer many trails from scenic to extreme. You honestly dont have to worry, about banging up your Heep. Also Our good runs will have bypasses, and we have done them with stock rigs too.

Hey man - thanks for that info -

Quick question regarding the trails for me and my rig - the previous owner put on 30" tires with no lift, and as they are slightly oversized, will I have issues with rub and scraping if I try to do some of the fun stuff, the more difficult trails?

Back