• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to steal???

Dvlman333

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought a 1994 grand cherokee with a 4.0 and auto to rob the front axle out of for a ranger project that I decided to go a different direction with. Well I grabbed the front seats and put them in my xj and took the a/c compressor to build a OBA set up on mine, also took the diff covers for armor on mine but what else should I take before I scrap the jeep. It does run and did drive before I started to strip it. But it was wrecked in the front pass side pretty bad so wasn't worth fixing and selling.

Harvest the engine if it has good compression and runs quiet.

I wish I could just don't have any place to do it or store it right now. We are getting ready to move in about a month or so and I don't really want to haul it around with me either. If we weren't going to be moving in would probably not scrap it for a while but trying to clear out some stuff that I don't "need".

Advertise parts on cl for a couple weeks and make a little money then scrap what's left.

You should take the rear disk brake set up and proportioning valve. Tie rods ( if still good) Both are great upgrades to your xj. Also might want to grab the transfer case, alternator, maybe front drive shaft, any factory skit plates, any decent belts/hoses for trail spares.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I wasn't for sure if the steering was better due to it not being a v8. I'll start grabbing parts today.

So this zj has ABS, drum brakes, and I believe a 242 transfer case but ill know for sure here in a little bit. Would the proportional valve be any good for a rear disk swap since it has abs? And what about the front axle shafts?

The steering is only better if it's a v8. One look at it and you can tell. The front shafts are good if they're not the CV style, and use larger ujoints compared to earlier non abs shafts.

I believe a 242 transfer case but ill know for sure here in a little bit.
The T-case, shifter, and bezel may have value to someone wanting to ditch the all wheel drive T-case.

I would pull what you want and try to off the rest to someone on craigslist or something before scrapping it. You might get 100 in my area for it at the yard.

Back