• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do with a busted block

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I have this 4.0 engine block sitting in my garage with a gaping hole where i threw a rod. I have taken everything off of it minus the crank, cam and harmonic balancer.( because i have no puller for it) What can be done with this thing? do scrap yards buy blocks? My wife already shot down the "paint it yellow and use it as a flower planter" idea.
And i dont have a boat, sooooo....

Turn it into your local scrap metal facility. You should get enough out of it to at least take the family to the movies.

Yep. Scrap metal. Should get like $30.

I turned one into a coffee table once, but it was a V-8 block.... LOL Let me see if I can round up a pic.

It was pretty similar to this.

download

Exactly like that.... saw one on TV, and had to do it. So I took an old Chevy 350 I had laying around, and did it. Must have gone through like 10 cans of degreaser though. Might be a little harder to make it work with an inline motor though.

end table!!

Around here the scrap iron prices dropped like a rock about a year ago. I would be surprised if they gave $5. Good luck.

still say end table or really cool wine bottle holder.

I really want to do the coffee table.

I liked mine other than the fact it was so F'in heavy. LOL. Everyone thought it was the coolest thing in the world though.

I was going to make one, but got a furnished apartment instead.

Top Gear is the best show on TV, period!!!

Back