• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what temps were you runnin today?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
jeep couldnt get above 170 or so til i tossed some cover on the radiator, then temps were good.

curious if anyone else was runnin really low temps today?

Ambient temps in the low 20s, engine temp same as always.

Mine runs pretty cool around 170 when the weather is cold but I have a aluminum rad and a three electric fan setup!

jeep couldnt get above 170 or so til i tossed some cover on the radiator, then temps were good.

curious if anyone else was runnin really low temps today?
What size hole did you drill in that thermostat?

hole was tiny, just enough to say there was one...been runningreat temps when warmer. but when its 5* out the temp runs a bit cool

The last few cold temp days and night my 01 runs normal temps 210 heat is fine. The 98 that I’ve had minor issues with ran cooler around 200 at idle and 190 when driving.

Both the XJ and ZJ run right at 210* all day, every day.

The Cummins however....... I REALLY need to get rid of that mechanical fan and go to a t-stat controlled electric one. She's one cold blooded be-atch in weather like this unless I block part of the radiator with cardboard.......

Temps near zero tonight, defroster cranked up, engine temp gauge in the same ol' spot. It did take longer to get up to temp tonight. :)

Both the XJ and ZJ run right at 210* all day, every day.

The Cummins however....... I REALLY need to get rid of that mechanical fan and go to a t-stat controlled electric one. She's one cold blooded be-atch in weather like this unless I block part of the radiator with cardboard.......

My buddies cummins ran cold, replaced the thermo and it made a significant difference.... Now it runs normal temps.

I have a 195 in mine. It runs 195 all the time.....

Back