• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs to get done to your rig before the Flog

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
I've got a short laundry list of items.

1. Need to replace the u-joints and hubs on both front axle shafts
2. Pads and rotors up front
3. Need to replace both upper control arms

1) It needs to earn enough money so I can go :( Already saving for next year's crawl...need to go to a flog some year too!

1. Replace my passenger side front caliper and brake pads.

Are you driving down there Dirk? When are you going down? I plan on leaving that Friday morning.

Are you driving down there Dirk? When are you going down? I plan on leaving that Friday morning.

I'll get the girls from school about 2:45 and head straight down. Tradition dictates that we go to the campground, pitch the tent, then head into town to find a Chinese buffet for dinner!!

that sounds good! im looking forward to the flog!

Go through the rear axle to see why it's rumbling. I'm suspecting the carrier bearings have lost preload, or are hopefully just worn out. Inspect the axle shafts for anything unusual.

Install passenger side ball joints up front, inspect locker for broken pins or springs, go search the junkyards for replacement shafts since I know at least my driver side shaft has twisted splines.

If it all goes as it has so far, everything I take apart will either fight me the whole way, or I'll find something I wish I hadn't and have to keep digging to find the bottom of the rabbit hole :puke:

The YJ will hopefully be making the trip. Need a CB and maybe a tire. Main thing is saving funds.

If I make it, I need to replace a rear shock and wash it.....ok...just the rear shock.

If I make it, I'll need to have my gears in. My front axle has a ton of backlash for some reason...

Thats the only things that NEEDS to be done, but we all have mile long lists anyway, right?

What I thought was only a brake job is now a framerail job. Its doubtful if I will even make this now.

Geez just got the thing back running again. I'd like to get some armor (diff covers, rock rails) on the Jeep before hand, just don't know if I'm going to make it.

I got my cross member off. I looks like all I have to do is install the new one once it gets here, complete my brakes and I'm good to go.

I got my cross member in. Now I just need to put the arms back on, torq the bolts, change my caliper and I'll be ready for the flog!

Back