• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kinda milage r u getting?

Anybody running a 5spd, 4 inch lift 3.73's and 31" tires? Its what I'm in the procsess of doing now.

]

Tintr thats one sweet clean looking cherokee. Whats the spects on it?

xjjeeper19 said:
Niether the 89, or the 2000 use a MAF system....Both systems are speed density versions

What does that mean? Any suggestions for getting better mileage?

I am running a stock XJ 4dr sport with auto and factory spec tires.

Thanks

Ron

Average 20-22 hwy driving and 16-17 city. I have 3 inch lift, heavy front and rear bumpers and a rack. I do keep my foot out of it though and drive it to conserve fuel.

rjstiles said:
Any suggestions for getting better mileage?

I am running a stock XJ 4dr sport with auto and factory spec tires.

Thanks

Ron

Keep it stock and drive with a lite foot. Of course, keep it tuned-up and correct tire pressure.

E

I got 17.5mpg out of my last tank. 4.10's, 31's, 5spd. Avoid the jack rabbit starts and keep it at 65 on the freeway and you're good.

What makes you guys all think you should be getting similar fuel mileage if you have the same lift and tire size?

There's so many variables here it's crazy.

Are all of your engines brand new with only 100 miles on them? Do you all of you run in the same climate, and at the same altitude, do you all run the same tire? Do you all drive with the same style? Do you all change your oil at the same intervals, and maintain your vehicles exactly the same?

Come on... Welcome to reality, not every vehicle that was the same from the factory will be the same 10 years after, with a lift and 3 owners, and everything else...

:banghead:

Back